Spengo's Racing Game (Grand Theft Avocado)

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

should I port?

leave at Ti-83+
56%
89 all the way!!!111
6%
how bout...both? >:)
38%

Total votes: 16

DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Spengo wrote:Hey, you don't have to get one every year- heck the computers at my school run Dr. Snipe okay and those aren't exactly gaming computers either. :P I dun know what the requirements are but I bet it would help if you had at least a Radeon 9600(a rather old one now) gfx card. $169.99 at best buy.
its still to expensive for me (for the moment)
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Spengo wrote:Hey, you don't have to get one every year- heck the computers at my school run Dr. Snipe okay and those aren't exactly gaming computers either. :P I dun know what the requirements are but I bet it would help if you had at least a Radeon 9600(a rather old one now) gfx card. $169.99 at best buy.
Can't very well do that with a laptop...
ImageImage
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

$170 ?????!!??!
wait a month and watch it drop to 50
Life is getting better.
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Well considering that you can spend well over $600 on gfx cards, I thought it was pretty cheap. I myself am using a Radeon 9800. It's better than the 9600. Almost as good as GeForce and about half the price. I've gotten Dr. Snipe to run on some really crappy computers before too. Not well but it works. Also- Dr. Snipe most definitely can run on laptops, in fact it runs perfectly fine on most of them I've seen. If your computer can't run it, I'm sure that the computers at your local library or school can. dl it there and try it.

there really needs to be a 'report this topic' button at maxcoderz. Mods! plez split the topic! Dr. Snipe != GTA.
bananas... o.o
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

Spengo wrote:Well considering that you can spend well over $600 on gfx cards, I thought it was pretty cheap.
$600 for a video card!!?!??????
my whole computer was bought for $300...
Life is getting better.
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

Spengo wrote: there really needs to be a 'report this topic' button at maxcoderz. Mods! plez split the topic! Dr. Snipe != GTA.
There isnt? IPB has one. phpBB cant split topics (yet. maybe in Olympus.) either. Thats why it sucks and is a horrible forum software.

Anyways, any GTA progress?

Pongwars shall live!

blog is down atm. :-(
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

kv83 split a topic, so I assume it can.
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

I wonder if SMF has one...? As far as IPB, its not free anymore! There's IPB 1.2 and 1.3 final which I guess are reasonably good, even though 1.3 final is realy hard to find. And the skins are ugly.
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

GTA = multiple enemies and full collsion detection. No police cars yet.

@Shadowpheonix: :shock: $300 for a computer?! No wonder Dr. Snipe won't run on it! What are your specs anyways?
bananas... o.o
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

WHile making computer games we should try to not promote capitalism, I mean make games in sort that ppl who dont have lot of money wont have to buy a new computer
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Spengo: I was referring to your "go buy a better graphics card" spiel. You can't do that with a laptop.
ImageImage
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

but you can, in most models, add vid ram, no? In mine at least...
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

I guess that's true- You can't really upgrade too much in a laptop. what I meant was most laptops I've seen that have been made with the last 3 years run Dr. Snipe perfectly fine. Well anyways, there isn't too much I can do to make Dr. Snipe run on slow computers. The whole basis of the 3D engine depends on it. It isn't really that great of a game anyways, nothing near commercial quality. It's just kinda fun, has a nifty storyline, and multiplayer. In other words, it's good for a first time fps, but I wouldn't buy a new computer just to play Dr. Snipe. (tho if I had a $300 compy I would prolly get a new one anyways. :P )
bananas... o.o
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

heheh
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

$300 bucks for a pc :o that is why consoles exist (Doom 3 on Xbox:$200 if you bought all from scratch, on PC...500-sevral thousand dollars)