Free Ipods And Such

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Worth It or Not (Read First Post)

Yes
17%
No
33%
I have received such a item for free
No votes
It's a scam don't do it
50%

Total votes: 12

kalan_vod
Calc King

Free Ipods And Such

Post by kalan_vod »

We all see a lot adds about free ipods/ps2s/xbox 360 etc. I would like to see peoples' opinions on if they are worth the trouble or not.

Also this has been shown to me and I think it is pretty funny.

[here]
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

The link in my sig is to a site that gives away free Nintendo DS's(among many other things). They only require you to complete one offer, and one of those offers just requires you to sign up for the free trial of AOL music. (You don't need to wait past the free trial, it was already accepted for me, and it's only been a few days since the trial started. I'll get out before I have to pay.)
Then you need to refer 4 other people to click your link and complete one offer(this goes towards your nintendoDS also). So you can get a DS for $0! Try it out, and please use this link. :)
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

But you have to be 18 to do that, so either use a parent or lie to them; if you don't confess the truth, are they really going to check? That's what I want to know.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

You also need to put in a credit card, even for the "free" offers. No, this is a scam and participators will be burned.
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

I don't know about the other sites, the freeipods.com site is the real thing. They have been mentioned several times in the news and declared legitimate. My sister got her ipod yesterday. So, it does payoff. Getting the refferals can be annoying though.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

lloydkirk1989 wrote:Getting the refferals can be annoying though.
I could use a few referrals. If you'd like a free Nintendo DS, try my link please :)
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
blueskies
Calc Wizard

Post by blueskies »

I believe they do work, and aren't a 'scam', but unless you are one of the first few people to get your referrals, there's no way you will complete the offer. I've tried freeipods, freepsp, etc. I think I had like 5 or 6 running at one time, but could never finish one. So, if you have a lot of gullible friends then you're in luck.