Rick Dangerous

Got a brilliant program idea? Let us know!

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Rick Dangerous

Post by Madskillz »

Well...I had started on this project a while back...ok, when I say start, I really mean got some graphics done! :P I have some sprites done, and a giant ball. Rick was one of the first true "Indiana Jones" type of guys. Before Edios made Lara Croft, they made Rick! :D Sure he isn't as hot, but still, give it up for nostalgia! 8) What can I say, I have a thing for the classics. :wink: Oh, yeah, the sprites are 16x16 GS...sorry that is all I basically program with now.

Some sprites: Image (I will be more than happy to finish them up for you!)

edit: Here is the titlescreen...and some hacks for the computer. This way you can get a feel for the game! Imagehttp://earthforge.com/skillz/r1hacks.zip
The Revolution is here...
Stickmanofdoom

Post by Stickmanofdoom »

Wow, if you make this game, please leave most of the encredibly cheap deaths out, and make the controls a little more intuitive. I'm still not sure if you can get the character to shoot yet! As for the actual game itself, it's not bad, but it certainly isn't a Commander Keen or MegaMan!

The sprites you made look pretty faithful to the origonal, and it doesn't seem that the large size of them will hinder the gameplay either. Are you actually planning on doing anything more than making the sprites for the game? I don't think I would mind playing this while I'm supposed to be doing my math homework!
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

So you are going to make this game MadSkillz? It would be sweet if you did :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

We'll see...I have so much *stuff* right now! Maybe after Cobra gets done, and Sonic is in decent motion! Until then, no, it is on the back burner. But if somebody wanted to do it...go ahead, if not, I will at some time, make it. :twisted:

Don't get me wrong I love MegaMan...such an awesome platformer...I had some 32x32 sprites all done up and everything of him too! I havent seen a decent MegaMan game in a long time! I mean the Mirage one sucked...there was a kinda cool BASIC one, had some cool features, that I think should be put into an ASM MegaMan. Oh well, I have to get other projects done first! :wink: There will always be time! :D
The Revolution is here...
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

lol

Post by the_unknown_one »

Rick Dangerous is cool, but the cracked versions are hard to play (since they are meant for DOS - windows 95/98 and i have windows xp). It would be great if you would make this game! And by the way: are u working on a Sonic game? The UTI one? I didnt know that... I saw (i rarely visit their board) some time ago a thread about it and some posts of u in it, but i didnt know u were so involved with it... *goes to UTI forum*
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

This would be a great of for the calc. I love the game. I have a full-featured port on my MPX200.

Never played the the CGA version by the way. Its way better then VGA or EGA!! :D

Oh man, this would be great! Are you going to translate the source (except machine-specific stuff) directly into ASM? That appears to me as the best way of writing this if you want to port the original levels.
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

Duck wrote:This would be a great of for the calc. I love the game. I have a full-featured port on my MPX200.
MPX200, like in the windows-powered smartphone? If so, can you send that game to me? :D
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

Sure, I uploaded it to the following file:
http://www.maxcoderz.net/various/xrick_mpx200.rar

Its indeed for the windows-powered smartphone Motorola MPX-200.