Sudoku BASIC

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

ssartell

Sudoku BASIC

Post by ssartell »

So I don't know if anyone who's around or not remembers, but at one point I was a part of MaxCoderz. The reason I'm posting this is because I'm interested in publishing a BASIC calc game (probably my last) with MaxCoderz. I don't know if you guys have played Sudoku or not but it's basically just a number placing game. If you haven't played it, try www.websudoku.com to try it out. I don't know where my TI software is right now so I can't post a screen shot yet, but it has a good graphical user interface (graph screen) and includes the following options: everything needed for basic game play, storing and displaying candidates, checking validity of puzzle progress, saving progress for load later, generating new sudoku puzzles of easy, medium, and hard difficulty (technically they are just legal transformations of a handful of boards, but the transformations create thousands of different puzzles), a hint option (if you get stuck), and basically everything else one might need except a solver (I made one but it takes forever and it's not worth the memory). Yay or nay?
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Sounds great, some people are really interested in this.
http://joepnet.com/hosted/maxcoderz/php ... php?t=1290
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

cool...
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

Everyone beats me to an idea! every single time!
Image Image Image
MissingIntellect

Post by MissingIntellect »

Holy @#$%&! Sean Sartell!? Oh my gawd! :o One of the original Maxcoderz members! You were about the last person I'd expected to see!
Anyway, just because somebody posted about the idea of a Sudoku, don't be scared off. Making a Sudoku game, especially in BASIC, I'd imagine being a lot harder that it looks, and would be pretty frustrating for the uninitiated. This is a good idea and you should go through with it.
--Steve Riekeberg
MaxCoderz Co-Founder, Ex-Staff Member
http://www.missingintellect.net
katmaster
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by katmaster »

Sounds really awesome! I know I'd love it, along with a lot of other people at my school.
cheese=yum
ssartell

Post by ssartell »

Actually the game is already 98% done really. I have to add a few more base puzzles and a few tiny things here and there but other than that it's done. The items I mentioned in my initial post are all done.

Hey MissingIntellect! Yeah, it's been a while since I was MIA. Any revolutionary things happen since I was last seen?
katmaster
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by katmaster »

:shock: :o Totally AWESOME!!! When do you expect to release it then?!
cheese=yum
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

Hey Sean a really really long time no seen :). What have you been doing? Great to see you decided to visit your old hometeam again, we've been doing pretty well huh? ;)

MIA = Missing In Action?
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
ssartell

Post by ssartell »

Hey Kozak! Yeah, missing in action. I've been working towards a career in math and computer science I guess. That's more or less consumed my life and computer skills, but I tinker here and there with my calc still and I really enjoyed messing with sudoku so the two clicked I guess. It's was great to come back and actually work on something on my calc. I got to apply some new ideas I'd picked up here and there for things and what not.

Katmaster- Uhh well I just gotta throw on some extra puzzles for variety which won't take long at all, and maybe fix the help screen, but other than that I just gotta find my TI link software and I'll be ready.
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Sounds like a good game... man, I kinda considered myself an old hand around here, but I musta started posting here waaay after you left.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Post by the_unknown_one »

When did you come here dysfunction? I came here about 2 years ago :) I consider myself an old hand around here as well, at least I feel that way...
ISUCK
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by ISUCK »

I don' know how to play sudoku... but it's huge in my area... well, I think that goes the same for almost everywhere :p Btw, are the there different grid sizes for the puzzles? I'm not quite into it, but I'm getting ever increasingly more interested...

Hey, I remember when I joined, KV was with his (WARNING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL)"sperm comet"(MEH) Avatar, and he left, then NJ left. Wow I'm old, must be at least 3 years -.-... And I still visit everyday. I haven't been here as long as you guys, so I'd like to say welcome back.
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

You probably could increase dimensions and change to symbols instead of numbers (or HEX ^_^). That'd probably increase difficulty too.
Image Image Image
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

That would be quite hard :D. The dimensions need to remain square, but you COULD do it with letters and symbols if you wanted more than 9x9 I suppose.