I'm a newb...

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Napster0088

I'm a newb...

Post by Napster0088 »

I don't know if newb applies to this sorta thing but it gets the point across. Ok I bought a TI-84 SE the other day and I want some games for it. I downloaded FF7M2 whatever and the Parasite Eve game. When I tried to put these on my calc it didn't work because they were in a big folder. I didn't want to just put all the applicable things on my calc because I figured it wouldn't know which went with what. Do I need mirage or something completely different?
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

There are these things called 'README' files. They are usually filled with all sorts of useful information, like HOW TO GET CERTAIN GAMES WORKING ON YOUR CALC etc.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Mortal-God

Post by Mortal-God »

all files on ticalc should be in a folder and zipped up, they must first be unzipped. I'm hoping this is not your problem. Then each of the files, which are mentioned in the readme, and are specified as to which calc they go with. You must send all applicable files. In the case of the 84+ send the 83+ files. they have the extension .8xp or .8xk for applications. Your calc does not actually contain folders, don't worry about which goes with what, the programmer wrote the game to figure that stuff out. So long as all the files are in the RAM and the appropriate shell if neccessary is loaded. Then you open the shell, it will find the game, you locate the game in the shells list of games and tada you are playing the game, I hope this helps. It is always a good idea to read the readme file. All of the programmers here spend at least some time putting valuable information in them to solve all known problems. And often times might seem unfriendly to you if you ask a question covered in the readme that they spent so much time on. Good luck, I hope this answers your questions.