Wario Ware

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Something

Wario Ware

Post by Something »

Wario Ware... defintitely one of the best games in nintendo history. me and threefingerguy are taking on the project together, me being the artist and him being the programmer due to my lack of ASM knowledge. im working on it. who would have ever thought picking noses, unrolling toilet paper, chopping fruit, riding bikes, cutting hair, drawing lines, dressing video game characters, dodging random junk, and over 50 other random things could be fun? well, apparently we both did! keep checking here for the status of the project.

Programming:
None has been started yet.... threefingerguy is just finishing Space Station Pheta.

Art:
Here are some concept screenshots:
Characters:
We are still looking for more sprites. also, feel free to edit these... they kinda suk.

Minigames: again, this is still concept art, not the real deal...
Again, please feel free to donate minigames as well! we only have 4 so far. credit will be given where credit is due.

main screens are average so far. you dont need to see their boringness.
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Thats great guys, I love wario ware and all, but there is actually a version being made for the calcs by jvdthwip, you can check out the progress on that over at www.unitedti.org I dont mean to discourage you at all, but if your planning on making one, you are gonna have some strong competition. If you are gonna press on, I suggest doing different minigames, perhaps upping the ante and making it greyscale.

Just my two cents and good luck with whatever you decide.
The Revolution is here...
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

*notes that tiny dude is going to be used in that warioware, as seen in the second to last screenshot* :roll:
Last edited by DarkAuron on Fri 16 Sep, 2005 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Yeah he saw some ssp stuff and i told him to ask you for permission to use the sprites.
Something

Post by Something »

Thanks for the link, Madskills. Looks like we're going to have some large competition graphicswise, but overall, I would say we have the leading edge for multiplayer parts and characters. So far we've only planned for 10 player alternating play, but maybe we'll have to up it to 2-4 player linked (as in, 2 people per calculator simultaniously, although it might get crowded). The Wario Ware on UTI doesn't seem to have any interest in multiplayer whatsoever, and I noticed there is a lack of characters other than Wario.
pacHa
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by pacHa »

PaperPlane is in MarioWare, right ?

You might want to include my PaperPlane in your game...
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

You guys could collaborate and make one game between all three of you...that way you would have a lot more games for it
Something

Post by Something »

i've thought of joining... im still waiting for threefingeredguy's response as to whether we should or not. basically, if he's gone, i lose my programmer and source for learning ASM. it sucks being a newbie. but yeah, as far as im concerned, the only downfall to more people joing the project is more memory wasted on credits... which isnt really that bad.
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

as far as game suggestions, what about a game where you have to drop a pill like in Dr. Mario, a game where you have to rapidly press down to unroll toilet paper, and how about a game where you have to win a game of checkers (like as many moves as you need, but with a checker yourself and only a few checkers total to jump)
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Wait I'm YOUR source for ASM? I know I'm writing stuff, but I'm not a whiz programmer. I'll still do it, just know I am not the best.
Something

Post by Something »

yeah, basically. if it offends u, i'll take that back, but as far as i'm concerned, any ASm help would help me. i can't read tutorials... they bore me in a matter of 3 minutes. never got past day 1 of ASM in 28 days. however, i do well when it comes down to reading code, even if i don't know the language. thats just how i learn. thats why i asked u to send me the code for one minigame after u finished one. i an extremely limited knowlegde of asm, so i figured if i become like, the project manager of something, then i'll still look better than your average noob and possibly learn more asm in the process. arent i smart?

thanks for the ideas, necro. ill start drawing them sometime soon.

and im still waiting for your response, threefingeredguy, on whether or not we should combine forces with UTI. and im still sorry if i offended u. :)
threefingeredguy
Calc King

I replied to that now, and Im not offended.
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

and...?
Something

Post by Something »

ok, yeah, the other wario ware guy said no. he'a not even working on it right now, and he won't let us add on to his game so it looks like we're going to have to up our graphics level and actually make our own menus (nooooo!) oh well. and he doesnt beleive in multiplayer on a calc, so we're still ahead with that.
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Wtf?! Many of the best games are multiplayer games! Definitely continue with that. Another thing- on some of the warioware games, it only takes a couple of buttons. Maybe you could make an option in those for hotseat multiplayer as well?
bananas... o.o