Unnamed project

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Loki
Extreme Poster
Location: My world is in grayscale, but if i stand still long enough, i see it in black and white.

Unnamed project

Post by Loki »

Hey, I've been screwing around with xLib lately, and I decided to make a game with it. It hasn't got a name as of yet, and it probably wont be out for a long time. However, I'm hoping it to be sorta gameboy Zelda style. I need sprites, cos i really suck at drawing them. Mainly just need character sprites and enemy sprites. Oh, and it'd be nice to know how all to use xLib, because right now i dont know anything about it. Any help would be great. Thanks!
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

good luck. im makin a zelda game of my own *cough* Zelda: Relics of teh Past *cough* have you ever programmed something before?
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Id say dont do zelda oonly because theres already a really good xLib and a sweet amazing z80 app that pwns links awakening already. Id suggest a new game or a different old game (sonic, kirby, megaman, or an old rpg). That way new games get made.
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

maybe....sword of mana?

EDIT:
you know what, if you wanna make a zelda game, go ahead. if it's your dream to make your fav game, dont let anything stop you. go for the gusto!
(\__/)

threefingeredguy
Calc King

sword of mana = zelda, but it rocks anyway. If you want a zelda like game, make that.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

The SoM series is not like zelda at all O_o
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

threefingeredguy wrote:sword of mana = zelda, but it rocks anyway. If you want a zelda like game, make that.
No. They are entirely different.

Pongwars shall live!

blog is down atm. :-(
threefingeredguy
Calc King

The very very very first mana was zelda except you looked like fighter from FF1, believe me I have it on GameBoy. It was called Final Fantasy Adventure and it was the first in the "of Mana" series. I'll tkae a screenshot with my emulator maybe.
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

ive played it before, but i still wouldnt call it zelda. zelda-like at most.
(\__/)

Loki
Extreme Poster
Location: My world is in grayscale, but if i stand still long enough, i see it in black and white.

Post by Loki »

Oh, no, i mean like a zelda style..Like Verdante Forest was like zelda, except a turn-based battle system. I have programmed before, and been at it for a while (3-4 years almost). Been using omnicalc for a while, but I thought i'd give xLib a shot, mainly to see if its really all everyone says it is. I've gotten it down for the most part, but I cant get sprite masking. Someone told me its possible but I dont know. XORing one and ORing the other, or something like that, so i've heard
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

oh, uh, so you wanna make an RPG then. sprite masking not extremely important for that. its more of a graphical goodie. its really confusing, but i'll do my best to explain.

first you draw the background

second, and this is where i'm not familiar with xLib, you make an outline of your character in pixels, black on the outside, white on the inside. draw it with the AND statement. *note, you may want to extend one pixel over for a clearer image of your person.

third, simply draw the character in an OR statement.

questions?
(\__/)

kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

crzyrbl wrote:oh, uh, so you wanna make an RPG then. sprite masking not extremely important for that. its more of a graphical goodie. its really confusing, but i'll do my best to explain.

first you draw the background

second, and this is where i'm not familiar with xLib, you make an outline of your character in pixels, black on the outside, white on the inside. draw it with the AND statement. *note, you may want to extend one pixel over for a clearer image of your person.

third, simply draw the character in an OR statement.

questions?
if what crzyrbl doesnt make since ask dysfunction for a code sample, he has masking being done with xlib on arua......it looks really good :D
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

kalan_vod wrote:if what crzyrbl doesnt make since
what you say??
(\__/)

kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

crzyrbl wrote:
kalan_vod wrote:if what crzyrbl says doesnt make sense
what you say??
fixed lol