My current projects (cross your fingers for completion)

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

The content you have so far sounds good :). I have only played a small Castlevania demo for the calculators which was made by the guy who made Wolfenstein 3d for the calc. It was pretty cool with the whip and all. It will really suit the calculator well. I am crossing my fingers 8) .
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

Oh, and it will be arcade instead of exploring...as in every room will have 1 entance and 1 exit...and I hope to alow external levels and a level editor
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Does that means theres a timer too? :x
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

Hell no...I hate timers
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Yay! Go finish it then :D
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
katmaster
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by katmaster »

yay! Castlevania is an awesome game!
cheese=yum
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

DarkAuron wrote:Yay! Go finish it then :D
Once I finish the basic make, I will have to begin coding it into ASM (for decent speed) so it will likely be a while
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

need asm help? i think i owe you...
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

you could probably code 10 of these kinds of games done faster than I get one...and include a lot more features :worship: hmmm...I ought to finish your sprites first
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

I am taking a lttle break from CV...got some sprites started for it though (first sprite work for the project), ignore this if you saw it...we have heard she is doing better now

any way, I am now working on my rpg
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Cool. I'm not a master asm programmer. Anyone else here who programs asm is probably better than me. But thanks :). Whats the RPG like?
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

think a Mega Man Batle Network like control scheme (face Left or Right always, always attack that direction,but you can still move north and south...enemies attack similarly) but without the small 3X6 grid size...or in other words, large maps using a similar combat system
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Oh man I love that! Can't wait. *Must download xLib now*
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

Well...another recoding for my CV game (thanks to a reset) and I have made the new code much easier to read, though I haven't been able to test if it has improved speed yet...and I have also decided to remove a few things that did not seem to add much to the game, and I plan to add a few new things (like multiple map paths and destructable walls)

This did not affect my RPG at all though, as it was fully backed up on my computer
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

CV:SW is on pause for my TBS, which is coming along pretty well...

My rpg has been reworked, I am thinking of instead having a multi character system and having a set of needs for each of your party (think along the lines of the sims...kinda) and a very harsh post apocolyptic world with you scrounging for jobs and food and some elements of games like animal crossing...likely lots of item cretion type stuff (mix a spring, two nails, and a piece of cutting wire to make a mouse trap...use a saw on a piece of wire to make a needle...hammer a piece of pipe with a few cogs on it to make a club...ect.) and probably multi scenario type game play. In the testing stage (see if it is possible to do every thing I want to)

Finaly, I am working on a NEW puzzle game SET based on checkers and connect four, AI possible, but not likely...probably just 2 players on one calc...not sure if I will make it basic or ASM or Basic Builder flash app.