I met Job the Gamequitter

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

U.S. citizens I guess.

Yeah I kinda hate that image that US has been growing lately. It seems that being a major media center every controversal statement and action that can be done is done on television. Seems like every one has to have an opinion and every one has to say. The fact that Bush started a war that seems to not have a purpose and was a major drain on the world probably is the greatest catylist towards this anti U.S. sentiment.

Personally being a Texan, I have the stereotype of being a gay bashing, black hating person that thinks mexicans are stealling my jobs. I don't bash gay, I don't hate blacks, and I dont think mexicans are stealing my job(I don't have a job :P ). But ofcourse I'll get that stereotype.

Man, I miss Clinton, no one hated it us for having a prez that sleeped around. No now we got one that bashes gays, starts wars, and honeslty CHOKED ON A PRETZAL AND HIT HIS HEAD. So this is what we have come to...
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Let's get rid of that amendment and get Billy back in office! (That or just elect his wife... anything's better than Bush)
ImageImage
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Ouch. Now I'm no fan of Bush, but that's a bit harsh. I don't think ANYONE is worse than Clinton. I am really conservative :P, but I think Bush teh suxorz. I mean, 'the patriot act' = horrible >:O. However, one of the main reasons, why my parents didn't vote for Kerry in the last election was because he is pro-abortion. I mean, seriously, the guy says he's a Catholic, but he thinks people should have the right to kill babies??! I think everyone should forget about those stupid Republicans and Democrats and vote LIBERTARIAN!!! Either that or the Constitution Party is pretty good too.
bananas... o.o
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Bill can run again for prez, Just not two terms consecutively.
I would honestly vote for his wife, knowing they share similar views.
I wouldn't mind gore either, I would have voted for him if he ran this past election, I figured I was voting for the lesser of two evils (dushbags).

What kind of idiot thinks lowering taxes will spur the economy, if the people don't have jobs, it ain't gonna spur shit. (yes I said "ain't gonna")
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

GORE = TERRIBLE!
CLINTON = WORSE!
HILARY = EVILNESS^2
bananas... o.o
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Bush = deficet
Clinton = surplus

Any how Clinton didn't fuck things up for us. As for the abortions I am personally against it, but I won't touch law being made about it with a fifty foot pole.

No, we should do away with political parties altogether it's causing a division in the people. They are forced to pick a side that doesn't totally respect their view. George Washington new that parties would be a problem, and I agree.
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

Spengo wrote:GORE = TERRIBLE!
CLINTON = WORSE!
HILARY = EVILNESS^2
Dude, go home... You'd vote against the democrats because they are pro-abortion. Ergo you shouldn't get a say in it :P

If my gf would find out she's pregnant today (not a chance, but nonetheless), the abortion would be tomorrow... Think about the quality of her life and the child's... :?
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

Spengo wrote:GORE = TERRIBLE!
CLINTON = WORSE!
HILARY = EVILNESS^2
It looks like someone in this forum has some common sense. :D
If my gf would find out she's pregnant today (not a chance, but nonetheless), the abortion would be tomorrow... Think about the quality of her life and the child's...
solution=live a moral life and prevent things like that from happening :roll:
Last edited by lloydkirk1989 on Sat 19 Mar, 2005 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Jim e wrote:Bill can run again for prez, Just not two terms consecutively.
No he cannot. It's two terms for life. You are probably thinking about some states' limits on governors.
ImageImage
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

lloydkirk1989 wrote:solution=live a moral life and prevent things like that from happening :roll:
Dûh... But accidents do happen, and you don't even have to have sexual intercourse for that. :roll:

Anyway, another reason to be glad I don't live in the US... :D
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

YAY lloydkirk1989!

@Timendus: Actually, I don't like the way that liberals think the country should be run either. Way too much government regulation. Let people take care of themselves.

Solution = everyone vote 3rd party!
bananas... o.o
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Go Bush!!! He is the best prez this country has ever had....or not.

Like Jim said, the dude choked on a pretzal, passed out on the floor, thus hitting his head on the ground and freeing the pretzal from his throat. While his dog licked him in the face. Man he is good!
The Revolution is here...
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Timendus wrote:If my gf would find out she's pregnant today (not a chance, but nonetheless), the abortion would be tomorrow... Think about the quality of her life and the child's...
How can you be so sure the quality of life would be so bad for the child or the mother. Sure you may be able to predict somethings, but all hell could break out tomorow, does that mean every should commit suicide today. An abortion means graunteed no quality of life for the child. I can see where early in the pregnancy( like the same week or 2) abortion might not be so bad, but late abortions just seem cruel. When the mother had NO choice in getting pregnant in the first place(rape), I can diffinantly see an abortion as a possiblity. But to dictate the death of an already developed life seems wrong to me.

But as I said beforeI won't stand in the way of it. It's not my place.

Aside from that (which I hope no one judges me for my beliefs), What did clinton do that was so deserving of this flaming? I'll support my president, but I still don't like how bush is doing things.
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

I loathe the way Bush is doing things. Defecit spending != good. :P
Clinton...well lets just say he wasn't the most honest guy we ever knew. Also, abortion is killing a person no matter HOW early or late it is in the pregnancy. :P We just go from bad to worse. Why is killing okay in this country? There is still a death penalty in some states, and abortion is killing babies!
bananas... o.o
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

kv83 wrote:I guess it's american humor... I didn't catch it either :wink:
Yeah, its sort of an American thing. Mostly, it's a reference to the country's tradition of staunch nationalism. You might say it's (in)famous.
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]