Life

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Post by the_unknown_one »

Shadow Phoenix: Well, you're lucky to have someone you love and who loves you, we're not all like that. Some of us might never find love. And not everyone can have fun... It depends on your situation etc.
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

And if you let yourself. If I've learnt anything this life, it would be that.
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Well, it can be that you let yourself, but that you can't have fun anyway. Like me.
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

I disagree even though I'm not having fun.
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Well, of course everyone has his own opinion. Which can be influenced by your mindset.
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

Sometimes opinion should be shut off to allow for acceptance as "bad" is not inherent in any things. But those times are not all times. Be aware of that. Break free of taking yourself (opinion) so seriously, if you have to. : o

Perhaps, or I'm just mumbling. mumblemumblemumblemumble.
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Arcane WIzard wrote:Perhaps, or I'm just mumbling. mumblemumblemumblemumble.
As usual ;)
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

Arcane WIzard wrote:Sometimes opinion should be shut off to allow for acceptance as "bad" is not inherent in any things. But those times are not all times. Be aware of that. Break free of taking yourself (opinion) so seriously, if you have to. : o

Thats why all my opinions are "good" :D
Life is getting better.
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Well, sometimes I do take my opinions too serious. But I have reason to.
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

Shadow Phoenix wrote:
Arcane WIzard wrote:Sometimes opinion should be shut off to allow for acceptance as "bad" is not inherent in any things. But those times are not all times. Be aware of that. Break free of taking yourself (opinion) so seriously, if you have to. : o

Thats why all my opinions are "good" :D
Which isn't inherent in anything either, good is just a word we thought up. ; )

Stuff

just

/is/
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Indeed. Words don't mean anything. Like, who came up with the name "chair" ? Or "sky" ? It's just all meaningless.
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

the_unknown_one wrote:Indeed. Words don't mean anything. Like, who came up with the name "chair" ? Or "sky" ? It's just all meaningless.
and the word "love" just means the emotion our brain makes up that is made by the chemicals that brain feeds itself.

Thats why you have to feel "happy" 8)
Not in thoughts, but emotions.
Life is getting better.
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

Both thoughts and emotions come together in a single experience of reality, observe both.
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

Arcane WIzard wrote:Both thoughts and emotions come together in a single experience of reality, observe both.
Heh, is that why I feel I am falling in depression...?... sigh.... aw well..
Life is getting better.
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

You said you are dependant on emotions to dictate what you feel.

But I'm sure you agree that thoughts and emotions (plus 3 other elements) come together into what we experience as reality. Therefor, to experience something in reality we must take all those elements into consideration.

Blaming it all on chemicals in your brain is a rather convenient excuse when you take into consideration that those emotions are merely one of 5 elements that make up your mindset, especially when you can directly (not to be mistaken with easily) control some of them.

How we do that is best learnt from observation. Observation of consciousness. And with observation I don't mean simply living and learning, I mean true silent unconditional observation of all you consciously experience, at least some of the time (meditation?). Contemplate what you do on the most basic levels you can think of. Then you can observe how you form your thoughts, then you can observe what you desire, then you can observe how that can be reached, and then you can form your mindset to fit what is best for you.

That doesn't mean nirvana (well, eventually..[if you believe that sort of thing]) and always riding the peaks but learning to operate your mind will at least allow you to steer clear of or eject from those downwards spirals.

Or take medicine, whatever floats your boat.

Suffering is also a construct of the mind.