Timendus wrote:This topic is getting more and more pathetic... * yawn *

"You suck"
"No I don't, I did this and this and this"
"That still sucks compared to us"
"I'm... Hey, you're flaming me!"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes you are"
"No I'm not!!"

When is someone finally going to lock it..?
Well, they can let it open, but if they dont close it I can alerady anticipate the next part of the discussion which will be:

:While 1
:Disp "No I'm not!"
:Disp "Yes you are"
:End

Notice that I havent used lbl/goto so that's not going to slow down :)
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

Ok so now I am the one who will conclude this thread even though I haven't really been involved but I can't let this continue. Because I know that discussion like this DOES degrade MC and I don't want that.

Points of conclusion:
- Even though MC and UnitedTI are both TI communities they DIFFER. MC solely focusses on TI where UnitedTI also has 'Other interests' that's why you will find more TI focussed news here. For a focussed TI'er that might make UTI a less valuable place to be but this isn't a general opinion. Everyone is different so both forums will attract different people.

- Alot of people don't like Arcane Wizard.

- Some people don't like the UTI flaming. And indeed there might have been moderate flaming by certain people but mostly just constructive critisism. And all the flaming has been contained to 2 topics to my knowledge. And both parties argued with each other. And gave each other points of 'enbetterment'. I.e. There seem to have flames on the programming help forum which I regret but can do little about, I am not responsible for what netiquette our forum members use. We can warn these flamers though, and we have done that before (with the_unknown_one).

- One shouldn't dismiss claims as flames: i.e. '50% off-topic'. I don't know if that claim is true, I suppose not but UTI could try to extract a little truth from there. Or it could be ment as 50% not ti related topics where at MC 50% of the TI topics goes offtopic (and yes this is the unavoidable truth :))

- Leofox: MaxCoderz the programming group != forum. Please make that difference, we are not responsible for opinions expressed here.

Ok maybe I concluded a little to much. I hope we can finally close the topic. 'Arcane Wizard' referred to people at our forum as Elitist Teenagers (for which I don't know the reason). People started to argue about it. A topic was started and critisism about content of both sites came from both sides. The discussion became grim :x .

I will probably close this topic within 1 day so make your point if you have anything to add, maybe apologize if that makes you feel better.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version

Post by Guest »

koolmansam375
Extreme Poster

Post by koolmansam375 »

Kozak wrote: Ok maybe I concluded a little to much. I hope we can finally close the topic. 'Arcane Wizard' referred to people at our forum as Elitist Teenagers (for which I don't know the reason). People started to argue about it. A topic was started and critisism about content of both sites came from both sides. The discussion became grim :x .
This topic was created cuz Spengo couldnt register o_O

Pongwars shall live!

blog is down atm. :-(
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

Woops, forgot to log in, my browser (FireFox :'() is crashing, that was me.
DarkerLine
Calc Wizard

Post by DarkerLine »

Kozak wrote: MC solely focusses on TI where UnitedTI also has 'Other interests' that's why you will find more TI focussed news here.
Somehow I don't quite see the "sole focusing on TI" at this forum much. Unless you count this topic, and other similar topics, as focusing on TI.
Some people don't like the UTI flaming. And indeed there might have been moderate flaming by certain people but mostly just constructive critisism.
Some people don't like the Maxcoderz flaming. And indeed there might have been some not-so-moderate flaming by certain people but I'll try to forgive the "UTI go burn in hell!!!!" comment.
Last edited by DarkerLine on Mon 28 Mar, 2005 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just try to be nice to people.
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Good point Kozak.
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

Thank you Maarten! I was kinda hoping you'd come by...
No offence to you Vincent... :D
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

Just give UTI a chance.
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

Why am I even reading this pointless thread? *sigh* Arcane Wizzard attempts to give this impression of a peaceful, calm and moderately tempered person, but every word that travels through his mouth and his fingers :P has the intention of angering someone, or to lift up UTI from the grave. His arrogant and argumentitive speech is quite disturbing and tiresome. I think he enjoys making an argument out of nothing and using his non-logical and metaphorical words to to make people very angry.
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

Arg, it is true, I only post things to tire and upset people, how did you ever see through my clever plan?

My cover blown at last, whatever will I do now?

;)

EDIT: might as well add a wink, wink.
sic
Site Admin

Post by sic »

Arcane Wizard wrote:
CoBB wrote:
Arcane Wizard wrote:And considering our assembly forum has over twice as many posts than Maxcoders' Programming forums combined, I wouldn't really call it empty.
Just as a side note, the MC forums have been wiped clean three times since the UTI forums exist.
Moot.
Why is that moot?
DarkerLine
Calc Wizard

Post by DarkerLine »

Our assembly forum is still not empty, however many posts the MC forums have.
just try to be nice to people.
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Look, as I said about three pages ago, the problem that caused this now bashfest thread has been resolved. Kozak, I agree with you a hundred precent to close this thread...

Leofox, all I can say is, your opinion shouldn't change because of the forum...Alot of people that said stuff, aren't the staff of MC...In the end, it is all how you see it. Im not speaking to you directly here when I say this, but if somebody is gonna leave just because somethings were said that they dont like...well they can just grow up. Welcome to the real world were people dont like everything you do, comment on, or bring up otherwise. Who gives a fuck, if people don't like UTI or Arcane...I am sure there are people over there who dont care about MC either. People say they are going to leave, but they never will. In the end, all it matters is what you accomplished...if you do jack shit and complain about everything, good for you, nobody is gonna remember/care about you.

I am done, my peace has been said...and the number one reason why people go to UTI is because of Sonic... :D

And the damn MC forum has been wiped three times...understand that. You may have way more posts, but are they all relevant?
The Revolution is here...
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Arcane Wizard wrote:My cover blown at last, whatever will I do now?
Arcane Wizard wrote:
CoBB wrote:Just as a side note, the MC forums have been wiped clean three times since the UTI forums exist.
Moot.
Why is that moot?
What is a moot? :roll:

Maybe MC should consider to move to IPB or yAronet, which have a lot less security holes than Ikonboard and PHPBB :wink: