The Da Vinci Code - The movie

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

CompWiz wrote:But hey, accepting Jesus is more important than that
Finally :)
Romans 10:9 wrote: That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
So does that mean you should always talk right throughout your life, or that just saying the words "Jesus is Lord" some time before you die is enough? Does it matter if you are not justified or is that just a side matter when you get to heaven? If it does matter, is it a matter of accepting jesus with your heart for your whole life or just at that moment before you may enter heaven? etc etc
Pray to God, admit that you are a sinner(everyone has sinned, so have you) and you need God's forgiveness.
I know I'm a sinner, but why do I need to god's forgiveness? I've lived all my life withouut any problems from this all that I couldn't face by myself (free will) and now I suddenly need his help? Why is that? Because if I don't ask for it he'll put me in hell?
and gravity isn't an observed an documented effect until someone tested it out and researched it. Are you saying before that happened it didn't have any effect on people?
I'm saying it does have an effect on people and that that effect can be observed with our very eyes any moment we wish to. Going to heaven or hell is in no way observable in our earthly life. Untill then it's all just guesswork if that book is the true book, or if there even are any true books at all.
faith Pronunciation (fth)
n.
1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See Synonyms at belief, trust.
And that's fine, but please don't try to act like it's all logical and proven. That's not faith.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Arcane WIzard wrote:
Romans 10:9 wrote: That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
So does that mean you should always talk right throughout your life, or that just saying the words "Jesus is Lord" some time before you die is enough? Does it matter if you are not justified or is that just a side matter when you get to heaven? If it does matter, is it a matter of accepting jesus with your heart for your whole life or just at that moment before you may enter heaven? etc etc
Isn't that pretty clear? Reread it. You say this once to accept Jesus as your Lord and savior, and that's it. You are saved, whenever you die.
Arcane WIzard wrote:
Pray to God, admit that you are a sinner(everyone has sinned, so have you) and you need God's forgiveness.
I know I'm a sinner, but why do I need to god's forgiveness? I've lived all my life withouut any problems from this all that I couldn't face by myself (free will) and now I suddenly need his help? Why is that? Because if I don't ask for it he'll put me in hell?
Did you ignore my last few posts? God doesn't want you to go to hell, and he certainly doesn't put you there. He wants you to come to heaven with him for eternity. But if he forced everyone to come there, well, there goes free will. And the punishment for any sin is hell, so God gives you an out in heaven, even if you have sinned. You might say, "I'm pretty good, I'm a nice guy, I don't do bad things," but you are being compared to Jesus, someone who never sinned. But, Jesus died so that you would not be sent to hell. He payed the price for sins so that you would not have to.
Arcane WIzard wrote:
and gravity isn't an observed an documented effect until someone tested it out and researched it. Are you saying before that happened it didn't have any effect on people?
I'm saying it does have an effect on people and that that effect can be observed with our very eyes any moment we wish to. Going to heaven or hell is in no way observable in our earthly life. Untill then it's all just guesswork if that book is the true book, or if there even are any true books at all.
I mentioned radiation. People couldn't see it. It was just guesswork what was caused people to get sick. It was not observable, radiation is invisible. For people without advanced scientific tools, you can not see ratiation. Yet it still has an effect.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
coelurus
Calc Wizard

Post by coelurus »

Hey, CompWiz, didn't you say you were going to get out of these threads? :)

Btw, saying radiation is invisible and therefore comparable with the heaven/hell thing is pretty silly. Show me heaven/hell and I'll show you radiation.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

coelurus wrote:Btw, saying radiation is invisible and therefore comparable with the heaven/hell thing is pretty silly. Show me heaven/hell and I'll show you radiation.
People were saying that because they couldn't see heaven, or God, then it wouldn't have an effect on them(or something like that.). You can't normally see radiation, but it does have an effect on you.
coelurus wrote:Hey, CompWiz, didn't you say you were going to get out of these threads? :)
I am, just look at my location. Hopefully someone changes the subject, and I can go back to my assembly programming, and stop wasting my time here.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

coelurus wrote:Btw, saying radiation is invisible and therefore comparable with the heaven/hell thing is pretty silly. Show me heaven/hell and I'll show you radiation.
People were saying that because they couldn't see heaven, or God, then it wouldn't have an effect on them(or something like that.). You can't normally see radiation, but it does have an effect on you.
coelurus wrote:Hey, CompWiz, didn't you say you were going to get out of these threads? :)
I am, just look at my location. Hopefully someone changes the subject, and I can go back to my assembly programming, and stop wasting my time here. I spend more time in these debate topics than anywhere else on this forum. :x
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

CompWiz wrote:Isn't that pretty clear? Reread it. You say this once to accept Jesus as your Lord and savior, and that's it. You are saved, whenever you die.
It's still even less clear than those firebreathing horses. What are your reasons to believe that that interpretation is correct? I don't want to do it wrong you know..
I mentioned radiation. People couldn't see it. It was just guesswork what was caused people to get sick. It was not observable, radiation is invisible. For people without advanced scientific tools, you can not see ratiation. Yet it still has an effect.
An effect that is observable (please read that link carefully) in some way within our lifespan. Heaven/hell the way you think of it is not observable untill we die, if it even excists. There is no observable effect whatsoever that makes not being a christian illogical.
I never said that. Is English your native language? (you don't seem to know what observe means..) If so, please read more carefully. I've been saying that it is not illogical not to be a Chrisitan because heaven and hell cannot be observed in any way whatsoever at least untill we die. I never said things we can't see don't affect us. In fact I've repeated a stance that goes directly against that several times, that everything has a logical consequence to it.
I am, just look at my location. Hopefully someone changes the subject, and I can go back to my assembly programming, and stop wasting my time here.
Please, stop wasting our time with comments like that.. If you think this is a waste of your time then GTFO. Don't hit the reply button. Go away.

If you don't think this is a waste then stop lieing to us.