How did you hear of maxcoderz?

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Well, as I was looking for more cool games for my Ti-83+ and stuff to help me with z80, I came across this forum. First I just posted things as a guest and then I noticed that a lot of my favorite games were on here. I decided to join because it is probably a good place to get help on calc programming. Maybe I could port some of my PC games to the Ti-83+.......
bananas... o.o
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Well...I think I first came upon MC, oh about 3-4 years ago. I was just a simple BASIC programmer, when I finally got a link cable and connected to the internet, this was my second stop, first was Ticalc.org. I remember going to Xcoderz once or twice. I kinda lost interest in calc. programming, I wasn't willing to spend a lot of time with ASM and BASIC was just way to slow for my liking. Cobra had actually started out as a BASIC program, but it was just too slow. Anyhow, I managed to get my interest back into programming, and sat down, and actually started working with ASM. I came here, because Maxcoderz was the only actual group I could find, that looked like it was gonna go somewhere and be here for a while. (Was I wrong!? :wink: ) Thus, the journey continues...
The Revolution is here...
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

So how long have you been working on Cobra?
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

Well i could tell you more of the whole story... I wasnt really into programming at all until we got a ti83(+) at school. I tried some BASIC programs but i wasnt impressed, until some nerd from my class made a racegame in basic, which could great interest in our school. I was impressed too and made some games: first some small, then a football manager with all the clubs, their individual players and their offensive, defensive etc ranks. You were able to buy and sell players, play matches and become the champion of the year. Pretty cool. Then i started on Worms, which was may more graphical and had some nice physics etc. At that time (1998) i started going to ticalc.org and desperatly wanted a link cable. Some months later I got to know this guy that made parrellel ones, so I bought one, and immediatly started downloading all kinds of programs. I gave ASM a try but found it too hard at first, so I downloade d (unshamefully) a Basic-to-Asm convertor TI8XBAS which compiled ASM source from BASIC code. I created Nibbles Carmageddon (http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fi ... 17232.html) and started modifying the compiler to make hand-made ASM functions. That way I learned ASM. I even started working on Corbin with that compiler, and released the first version (http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fi ... 16715.html). But the code was so bulky and ugly, I slowly started converting the code to pure ASM. It was a painfull task and the whole engine is just too ugly to look at. Some tiny parts are still compiled BASIC code... But in the times of the first release I joined Maxcoderz. :)
Kalimero

Post by Kalimero »

To be honest I don't really remember. I suppose when the mailinglists on ticalc.org became crap I went looking for alternatives, tried a couple forums and eventually sticked with this one, because it was the most interesting one, and still is as far as I can tell.
GuillaumeH

Post by GuillaumeH »

Same for me.
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Yeah, I just stuck with the forums, too. I don't remember what I posted here first though.
ISUCK
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by ISUCK »

I came here around the time KV (and his sperm tattoo ((remember that avatar?)) ) left, and he had like 1000 posts, and I've been here ever since... I dunno how, I guess I played some games, and I heard of Maxcoderz... Now this board takes up 5% of my day (that's pretty large amount of time if ya think about it, a few minutes)
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

I first got my calc back in February 2003 and started posting around on the ticalc.org forums for a while. I read about the GPP, followed the link, and saw the other awesome projects over here- and so I started posting on the boards back in August 2003. Ah, the good old days, when I wa still a little n00bish.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

Woops... just discovered that I still hadn't registered on the new forum :D

Well... let me see... It was Diederik who made me take a closer look at this group and the forums. I too read about the GPP, made a few posts on Ticalc.org about it (Ctrl+F on Timendus... omfg, did I post a "me2" post? :roll: Luckily I posted something useful too :p), and Duck e-mailed me about the problems I found with the 83 version. Somewhere in his e-mail I read the words "Why don't you come take a look at the GPP thread at Maxcoderz?" (or something like that ;)).

So I did... and I kinda sticked around... :)
Deathsting

Post by Deathsting »

Well i initially got Mirage from a friend and i got so interested in making an Os (untill i learned asm) that i spend time on the detacheds forums. Someone left a link to maxcoderz in their signature and thats how i found MC. Then i discovered ticalc from some post in MC. Then i got into UTI and prgmerz and finally made it as prgmerz staff
prgmerz "Still recruting"
- Do i have to spam to get someones attention. We desperately need members :cry:
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

So how long have you been working on Cobra?
Well...if you think about it...Cobra has been an idea in my head for 3 years. Lets see, when I really got good at BASIC, I was in 8th grade. (Probably can't code in BASIC anymore! :P ) I guess I gave up on it in 9th, and started to slowly learn ASM. I had a sweet intro screen in BASIC, which had a white lines come from the middle to form a sorta X-box styles "X" on the screen. Why, because I had started a little group with a friend from school: X-Productions...You can still see a part of that in the old Cobra demo on Ticalc, or if you play my first fairly shitty ASM game "Acid"...Though the reviews of it are good! :D Once I saw the awesomeness of GPP, I was hooked. From that point on, I saw the detail, and coolness of the idea. I wanted a game, that pushed the limits of what was out there, and set a standard for what is to come. Thus Cobra, became my passion. It is undergoing huge changes, and improvements! :twisted: My sig, says it all.
The Revolution is here...
chronoflare

Post by chronoflare »

i should really come here more often, its just that i dont have the time to put in asm. maybe i'll start posting more after cubehunter on win is done. till then i guess i should be programing in darkbasic.
Kerey

Post by Kerey »

I don't remember exactly, since it was a few years ago, but it was either a link on Greenlight or when someone here spammed the Narkemen board about a Maxcoderz project.
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I got my 83+ in summer 2001. Next winter at school I decided to search google to find calculator website and found some casio sites. My brother found France 83 (which unfortunately died the same month), I found Espace TI-83 Plus then a few months later I found ticalc.org. I saw FFTOM and FFTOM2 demo and noticed a link to Maxcoderz.com. I checked it and found all those great RPGs. Unfortunately a few weeks later the site got shutted down for a design renewal so I came back later. I started regulary visiting MC in November 2002, in the old days of the Grayscale Programming Package. I entered the reign of forums in august 2003. I still remember the very first topic I ever created about Mario Kart and my ultra-extreme advertising schedule with The Reign of Legends 1. Now all those post are gone (unfortunately for the programming ideas :()
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)