UTI

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

DigiTan
Calc Master

Re: lol

Post by DigiTan »

Arcane Wizard wrote:This forum goes off topic fast.
What about the Job the Gamequitter thread? That one goes off topic so fast that it...

(different voice...)

So does anybody speak Japanese?
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

No, but I speak Steuprpor:
Auiwq ns ofpea vorie v rewtewipo rerwuio vfj; tr ewio tiêrt trjkl fg kfyhio tr eiotrui fd kl; erw qofggkllgkltr troit fdgpdfrt trpoy teiporwe qq ewqoirew qojirj reo eoptrefgopert poerîe rgjkwerpo gker rîpo wripo po powpkgp grew po wkrwkop kgpowerp gkl; d èw peowrtipopktgk!
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

DarkerLine wrote:
Arcane Wizard wrote:Yeah, thats true.

It does mean that the quoting can't be the problem though, or there'd also be issues with, well, a lot of people on both boards.

Also, is this a topic about UTI or about me? :)
About you. Don't you feel special?
There's no connection other than your avatar between you and Sir Robin on the UTI forums, right?

EDIT: Are you people trying to get keep people from liking these forums by spamming?

I mean, certain people complain that UTI is supposedly 50% about non-calc things and the topics here are very organised and great sources for calc related information, when in fact 50% of the posts here are off-topic.

Are you all just partaking in mass hysteria / bandwagons, or do you actually base your opinions on something?
lloydkirk1989
Calc Wizard

Post by lloydkirk1989 »

This is getting realy annoying. Can someone close this thread?? Who gives a damn about UTI and Arcane wizzard! UTI doesn't even deserve a thread in this forum. Everyone is repeating themselves, quoting, bashing and wasting time. There's nothing to discuss! Arcane is only here to talk and bable on about UTI for eternity. *anger*
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

or ban all people who are continuing arguing in this thread
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

yeah, but this if fun...you get to see the true side of things! :D

Edit: I decided, that I will not go into a rant. If you saw my post earlier, you know how I feel. Here is just the most meaningful part of it:
I am tired of wasting my time reading about the damn size of quotes/how they are used. And all those little things that you, Arcane, can show us from past topics...I applaud your thoroughness in finding all these things and at least explaining your side of things and your opinion. But, who really gives a damn? Yes, you can prove us wrong, awesome.
Sidenote: Unknown, I know you asked help alot, and I know you have a greater knowledge of ASM now too. I just used you as an example, of how the MC/other programming groups, were willing to help and not diss.
Last edited by Madskillz on Sat 26 Mar, 2005 3:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Revolution is here...
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

lloydkirk1989 wrote:This is getting realy annoying. Can someone close this thread?? Who gives a damn about UTI and Arcane wizzard!
I give a damn about UTI! And i don't like how you're flaming it in this topic. So go ahead and close it. See if i care.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

The fact that a topic goes off-topic is not that bad at all. We try not to kill every single change of a topic with closing it down (like GOT for example). Besides the fact that killing a discussion works not really, it also destroys the possibility to post something ontopic.

Furthermore, we try to keep some forums clean, like the Programming Help. But I guess you never were in there ;)

BTW; I won't close this thread. I don't see why?
Last edited by kv83 on Sat 26 Mar, 2005 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

I think we have less off topic-ness in topics at UTI because we have some forums about other stuff.

I also don't see any reason to close this, unless everybody is just going to post that they want it closed because they don't like it.

lloydkirk1989, relax, I'm not here to destroy maxcoders and take over the internet or something. If this topic really get's to you like that, well, you could just ignore it and don't ruin it for other who do want to make use of it, please.

kevin, I don't think that would be of any use to anyone.

Madskillz, I agree with your opinion on this thread/topic, but I can't help but detect some "putting down" that a certain L-man/Unknown never discovered in you in how you're saying you have a life. You make it sound like I don't.. Well, enjoy thinking that, it doesn't matter, all it does is show me that on one side you feel the need to put me down and on the other side try to act like you never do anything like that. All I can say is that I wish I could applaud your thoroughness in explaining your side of things.

If you do want to continue telling me how much of a life you have, please, PM me, because I don't think it's relevant to this topic.
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Have you even read my post? :D I don't think I put you down, I may not like some of the things you say or do, but who am I to judge? If you had read my whole post, I said that I am usually soft spoken...My motto is usually "Walk lightly and carry a big stick."- TR I said usually, plus I am not a moderator of the forum/or a staff member doing this to somebody that has limited programming skills and is asking for help. I dont see anywhere, even in my edited post were I put you down. I never said you suck Arcane, your ideas are stupid, and I dont agree with any of them...And I am not going to PM you on a continuation of my posts...

Once you decide you can send me a PM to tell me how you feel then it would be different. You make such a big deal about people PMing you if they have a problem with you, instead of saying something in front of everyone else. Am I or anyone else, not to get the same in return from you...or we just not as important as you? I never got one PM from you saying you feel that I put you down, instead you do what you just complained about and do it publicy. Wow, that is some screwed up logic huh? I made a comment about how you can put us down, I said it was thorough and your opinion. I am sorry if you feel this a put down, but I have never seen anybody go into as much time/effort to do it...I really applaud you on that. :wink:

I also like how you can take my own words and turn them on me...even when I didn't put you down. I am tired of arguing about all this shit. I am done, I have said my peace. I have nothing against anybody here, as I said, who am I to judge. This topic was about people not being able to register at UTI...mainly for Sonic. :D It has been resolved, thus I dont see a need for it anymore. As Arcane said, if you wanna bash, do it over a pm.
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

Yes, I read your post, you never literally, directly, put me down, I absolutely agree with that.

Allow me to illustrate, if I recall correctly (go go not quoting posts ;) ) you associated putting in the time of finding posts to support one's side of the story with not having a life by saying that you couldn't because you do have a life.

Like I said, you didn't literally put me down, but it certainly could be seen like that, which is why I made a normal calm post about it saying I can't help but detect that. That's the main difference between me and the people that have a problem with me, they don't ask for an explanation, they don't say they detect it, they don't leave it to the other to explain, they immideately assume their interpretation is correct and start the flames.

So, now I have to ask something:
Did you mean you never said I suck, and you never said my ideas are stupid, and you never said you don't agree with any of them, or did you mean you never said I suck, but my ideas are stupid and you don't agree with them?

You have a good point about the PMs, of course you may expect the same from me, however one of the points of this topic is discussing these problems, I didn't ask you to PM with the problems you have with me instead of posting them here, I asked you to PM me if you wanted to flame me, because I don't think the point of this thread is to flame me. Assuming that you want to flame me of course, I hope I just misunderstood it a little and you don't want to put me down, nor want to make it look like that.
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

I never said you suck Arcane, your ideas are stupid, and I dont agree with any of them
Ha ha, I can see now, how that might be read. I meant it as, I never said you suck, your ideas are stupid, and I don't agree with any of them.

As I said, I am not the judge of anything here.
DarkerLine
Calc Wizard

Post by DarkerLine »

There's no connection other than your avatar between you and Sir Robin on the UTI forums, right?
Other than us being the same person, none at all.
I mean, certain people complain that UTI is supposedly 50% about non-calc things and the topics here are very organised and great sources for calc related information, when in fact 50% of the posts here are off-topic.
To be fair to MC's forum, most of the posts in the Programming Help and Programming ideas topics are quite interesting actually.
just try to be nice to people.
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

Madskillz wrote:
I never said you suck Arcane, your ideas are stupid, and I dont agree with any of them
Ha ha, I can see now, how that might be read. I meant it as, I never said you suck, your ideas are stupid, and I don't agree with any of them.

As I said, I am not the judge of anything here.
You're not the judge of anything here, but you do say my ideas are stupid?
To be fair to MC's forum, most of the posts in the Programming Help and Programming ideas topics are quite interesting actually.
Indeed, but that's not my point, my point is that people seem to use different rules to judge the UTI forum than they use to judge this one, which is just silly in my honest opinion.
DarkerLine
Calc Wizard

Post by DarkerLine »

Madskillz wrote:
You still manage not to clarify what you meant. :lol:
just try to be nice to people.