[Featured][Dev] PindurTI (Best Thread 2005)

Here you can find side projects of the staff and great projects which we think should get extra support. (Note that featured projects are not projects by staff members of MaxCoderz)

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Rom download doesn't included everything. Even a full 512k read will neglect 16kb. Page $1e of the flash is read protected, if you try all you get is $FF. The flash must be unlocked first to be able to read.

Can't copies of the certificate be sent to a calc? If it can then pti should be able to handle it.
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

Can they? That would be extremely useful; I'll try it.
Image Image Image
Gambit
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Gambit »

Yeah, the serial # is at the very top of the certificate page (Page $1E), but unfortunately (or fortunately?) it's write /and/ read protected by port $14. I don't /think/ an OS send can write to the flash because it does cps for 1E/3E/7E, iirc. If you ever get a copy of your certificate page, you can probably rompatch it.

edit: oops, rompatch only does hex files, so you'd have to use dd or make your own.
"If SOURCE is outlawed, only outlaws will have SOURCE."
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

Argh, sounds complex. So CoBB, what are the odds you'd allow some kind of workaround, like allowing the user to define a custom certificate page to patch into the ROM?
Image Image Image
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

What do you mean? You're free to edit the ROM image. There will be a hexeditor in the emulator, and that's it.
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Life is so funny. My hard drive died, this time for real. While I have a fairly recent backup of the PTI source, the development environment is gone, so it will take some time to pick up the project again.

And I guess I'll have to pay a lot to get my important data rescued. :roll:
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

did you try the freezer trick? :?
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

This is a different problem. That was the flash BIOS, and it turned out that the charge was wearing off and reflashing cured it. That won't help with a broken hard drive...
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Im not falling for it.

I'm still new at pc programming, I was wondering how exactly do I use a pipe to control pti? This mostly out of curiosity, I haven't done anything in C since wabbit really.
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

You don't need to fall for anything, it's the truth this time. :( Still, I'm haunted by luck, because I managed to fire up that drive once again and saved everything from it. I bought a new one and will be installing things over the weekend. Great fun.

As for piping, it depends on the system you're using. If it's win32, you'll find a full redirection example somewhere near the docs of CreateProcess() at MSDN. If it's for Linux, you'll probably need to reimplement popen() to support both directions at the same time (sort of emulating a shell).
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Bugs.

When I was dragging a second PTI emulator over the first pti emulators Debugger, stuff on the debugger erased. Also happen with just plain windows but to a lesser extent.

Also when I goto another address in the Mem view, it doesn't update the memview until after I press an arrow key.
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

I couldn't reproduce the first, and the second one seems to be resolved already in the latest build on my computer. I'll see if it's in an uploadable state and try to update as soon as possible.
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Uploaded a new version with some minor modifications, mostly concerning the layout in the debugger. Note that the modified layouts are not saved yet. Read the changelog for the keys.

EDIT: F8 now steps over the calls and the repeats, and djnz as well.
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Muahahaha! Step over!

I really like the layout editor, It works well. All that extra info givin always covered up the registers which was something that I thought should Have priority over everything else.

hmmm...Actually It didn't step over this djnz.
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

DJNZ should work now.

EDIT: You can now take high framerate screenshots by pressing alt instead of tab to start them. Use with caution; the output will be huge.