Brass - 1.0.5.3 update [06/02/2014]

One suite to code them all. An complete IDE and assembler for all your z80 projects!

Moderators: benryves, kv83

benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Bugfix: labels were only assigned using the .equ/= directives in the first pass, so this wouldn't work:

Code: Select all

.for i, 1, 3
j = i
.echo i, " and ", j, "\n"
.loop
...it would display "1 and 3", "2 and 3", "3 and 3" as j wasn't being reassigned to. I haven't updated the manual.
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

1.0.1.5: Reworked expression parser, label handling, warnings on missing arguments. Extra reusable labels.
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

question, Doing this should create a binary range of 16384 bytes, right? But I'm only getting 16383.
.binaryrange $C000, $ffff

Wasn't there an example on the site?
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

If there isn't an example now, there never was (the only example code I've removed are from things which no longer apply)... as with everything else, the range is inclusive... Your example should output $4000 bytes, but as it's outputting $FFFF-$C000, I can see why there's a problem.
Can you see if it's cutting off the first or last byte?
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

That's odd I just compiled again and the last byte back now....I swear it was gone. Oh well, I chock that up to random chance.
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

http://benryves.com/bin/brass/ - .incbmp directive now supports RLE compression.
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

http://benryves.com/bin/brass/ - Externally loaded files (.include, incbmp, .incbin &c) are also looked for relative to the current file, not just the current working directory.
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

Everyone with an illegal version of windows can't run your program because we lack the .NET 2 framework. Is there anything we can about that?
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Why? I had no trouble installing the framework, and even better, I use SP1.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Kozak wrote:Everyone with an illegal version of windows can't run your program because we lack the .NET 2 framework. Is there anything we can about that?
I had no problems, even if my version is not 100% legal. Just "enable" your auto-updates. (I am assuming you do have xp)
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

kv83 wrote:
Kozak wrote:Everyone with an illegal version of windows can't run your program because we lack the .NET 2 framework. Is there anything we can about that?
I had no problems, even if my version is not 100% legal. Just "enable" your auto-updates. (I am assuming you do have xp)
Auto updates require a legal copy of Windows, as far as I know (I do not use auto updates and have a fully legal copy of Windows, so cannot verify).

That said, I don't hold much faith in Microsoft's online verification; the files they "protect" can be hotlinked to, bypassing the verification page, and I once accidentally pasted some PHP code into the code box and it accepted it as a valid code :|
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

benryves wrote:
kv83 wrote:
Auto updates require a legal copy of Windows, as far as I know (I do not use auto updates and have a fully legal copy of Windows, so cannot verify).

That said, I don't hold much faith in Microsoft's online verification; the files they "protect" can be hotlinked to, bypassing the verification page, and I once accidentally pasted some PHP code into the code box and it accepted it as a valid code :|
I use AutoUpdate even though I don't have a original key. :roll:

@Kozak: You could also just install one of the Visual Studio Express programs . Visual Basic Express for example... it should ship with .net
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

kv83 wrote:@Kozak: You could also just install one of the Visual Studio Express programs . Visual Basic Express for example... it should ship with .net
The problem, as far as I can gather, is that Kozak has (had) an out-of-date Windows installer, which is required to isntall .NET 2.
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

1.0.1.8 - added .relocate/.endrelocate directives, useful if you need to copy a chunk of code from ROM to RAM (SMC, or whatever).