[Calc Wars] COs?

Projects that are no longer in development anymore.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

COs?

Yes
80%
No
No votes
Up to you...
20%

Total votes: 10

Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

[Calc Wars] COs?

Post by Patori »

I've been working on a lot of the algorithms for calc wars, and in thinking about aprox. how much space (in bytes) each feature (scrolling, dmg table, move table, movement routine (no arrows, too difficult for now, I wanna save space), would use, I've determined that I have around 8k left in space. Now, 4k of that will be dedicated to saved games, and now that I know how to read directly from flash rom and copy into the game's SMC area... (I hope I understand this!) I have 4k left! So what would I do with that 4k? Maybe..... MAKE COs? It's possible, it would be some more work, and I know that it appears that their is no work being done... Don't think that I'm not working, I am, especially since I've built my computer (It's ALIVE!)....
Anyways, I've got most of the games algorithms worked out in pseudo-C, and I can work on some CO ideas if you guys want... There abilites would be simple, like unit damage/defense modification and movement modification, and maybe capture time and cost modification... I'd apreciate (spelled wrong, please fix) whether you guys would give me some ideas, or something, yeah... I just wanted to get some attention to this project.... :oops:
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

what is CO ? :oops:
Life is getting better.
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

Shadow Phoenix wrote:what is CO ? :oops:
Commanding Officer.... characters!
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

YES! More stuff is always good. I still don't completely understand what you mean either, but it sounds cool. >_< Are they supposed to be 'super' units like Hero units in AoE or Warcraft or whatever?
bananas... o.o
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

Spengo wrote:YES! More stuff is always good. I still don't completely understand what you mean either, but it sounds cool. >_< Are they supposed to be 'super' units like Hero units in AoE or Warcraft or whatever?
CO's are the generals that command units. When enough damage is dealt (to their units or others) they get a power that enables their units to get certain abilities.
Shawshank87

Post by Shawshank87 »

go for it man. it's tough to make the CO's balanced, but its worth it in the end. you should give each CO a special unit too. maybe even different strengths and weaknesses. if you need any help at all on this game, i would be honored. i did create catch22 and i know my way around duck's greyscale package.
Try your hand at turn based war strategy on your TI-83/Ti-83+ with Catch 22. Download now:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fi ... 35508.html

Project Cartel Details:
http://calcwebzine.com/index.php?option ... mid=0&id=8
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

Shawshank87 wrote:go for it man. it's tough to make the CO's balanced, but its worth it in the end. you should give each CO a special unit too. maybe even different strengths and weaknesses. if you need any help at all on this game, i would be honored. i did create catch22 and i know my way around duck's greyscale package.
catch 22?
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

that's his turn bases strategy game, which kind of is a advance wars... just different. and without ai
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

when you say "and without AI"... it makes it sound like I am trying again to write an AI engine, dontchathink?
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Patori wrote:when you say "and without AI"... it makes it sound like I am trying again to write an AI engine, dontchathink?
I was comparing it to AdvanceWars not CalcWars ;)
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

lol...By the way, just changing the name wouldnt make this game exempt from copyright laws...I am sure the graphics and other stuff follows suit to their copyright title name. Just thought I would let you know that. By no means is this me telling you to stop making this game, because I wanna see it come to light! :D
The Revolution is here...
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

*wonders if Patori was being silly due to April Fools' Day*
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Ur avatar ROCKs (yeah I know it's off-topic) :D
ImageImageImageImage
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

which?
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

ImageImageImageImage