Landscape Editor

Pure BASIC fun!

Moderator: DarkAuron

Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Is it allowed to post my levelset here? Or is it all secret and I have to pm you them?
bananas... o.o
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

If you don't mind them being public and in the open, you may post them here, but you can send them to me privately if you'd prefer that. Sorry for the late response, I've been sick. I can't show an example landscape though since I don't have powered up batteries for my calc, and it won't send without enough power. I should be getting some new AAA batteries this weekend.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Yeah batteries are always a problem at the worst time :S.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Okee Dokee, here it be: http://www.cybcon.com/~bydl/spengo/spengopack.rar

*for some reason, the link doesn't like firefox :( So you have to use IE >_> When I tried it, all I got was a bunch of wierd characters :P
bananas... o.o
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

It's because firefox thinks it can read it; you can right-click and save as though, which I did. And wow, those are nice :D

Theres a few problems with them though; theres a couple of limitations and rules that have to be followed, and I meant to add them in the program, so I'll probably work on that tomorrow and release a 0.81 version. The rules and limitations that you broke in a bunch of them:

-If you have a starting point for tank 1, you HAVE to have a starting point for tank 2.
-Tanks can't be put above ~14 pixels from the top
-The most significant bit of the tank position image code isn't used for coordinates since the screen size wouldn't use it anyways, so it's used for knowing whether theres a tank position availible or not. Currently it's not turned on, because I forgot to. :lol:
-I should probably limit any editing of the image code areas with any of the drawing tools (except clearing the screen).
-Save prompt won't appear when tank position is created, and it should. Shall be fixed.
-Graph screen isn't cleared when you exit the editing of a landscape, and you have to exit the program before making a new landscape or loading another one, otherwise the previous one will overlap. Shall also be fixed.

Things I'll probably add:
-Tank 'preview' after creating a tank start position
-When you go into editing mode, all areas used by the tankies engine (mostly the text) will be blacked out except the image code.
-An error-check button that optionally can check all used parts of the screen, see how many pixels you used, and give a report. Not necessary but it'll let you know how much of your beautiful artwork won't be used :o

Any other bugs you might find or features you'd like to include, or improvements of features, please contact me or post your insight! :)

With all those bugfixes and features it might end up being 0.85 or something, and although I can't promise a release, I'll try to get it out tomorrow after school.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Cool, you mustn't have done anything during maths today :).
Last edited by tr1p1ea on Wed 27 Apr, 2005 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Well of course not, I don't HAVE math today :D Unless you meant Spengo :P
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Actually, neither do I- Free day! I go to a catholic school so we get off for the Pope's funeral. :D
bananas... o.o
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

That's not a :D occaison...
ImageImage
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

spengo .. seriously dude ...
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

O________________O

oops. I guess that was in the wrong order. :P

I meant:
Actually, neteither do I- Free day! :D I go to a catholic school so we get off for the Pope's funeral. :'(
The :D corresponds to the 'free day' not the funeral. I am just used to putting smileys at the end of things I guess. :P
bananas... o.o
T0RM3N7
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by T0RM3N7 »

I go to a catholic school as well but we didn't get a day off for JPII' s funeral :cry: :cry: We didn't even get a half day :cry: :cry:
girls=time*money
time=money
girls=money*money
money is the root of all evil
girls=(evil^1/2)*(evil^1/2)
girls=(evil^1/2)^2
girls=evil

thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

umm I made a level how do I send It to you? I have ti connect and a ti84se (just to let you know the specifics)
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

OH also on the bugs part enter editor press new and then press 0 and (-) little random dots appear in the upper corners corresponding to each 0(upper left) (-) (upper right) But you can erase them AND they dont seem to screw anything up and I dont think you could fix the problem either(oops run on). oh well just to let you . :P
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

I believe that's indicating where the tank start locations are. Those dots are the binary cursor positions. It's not a bug.
ImageImage