A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

coelurus
Calc Wizard

Post by coelurus »

I've had sideprojects for a very long time beside Sledge, including rather nifty projects for the calc that I know will never be finished :) Kinda sad, but PC programming just gives me a lot more.

And if a project starts to feel boring, try to note the things that made you motivated enough to start, leave it and go do something radical (learning to juggle for instance, started a few days back and it's quite fun), then go back and remember the things that motivated you. I usually browse around images of top-of-the-line graphics engines and rendered images to get a nice push.
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

Yeah it's a common phenomena. I also had periods of not coding for 8 months. And I have also grown out of z80. When I finish Paratrooper I will probably say 'goodbye'. Not that I will leave the community but I will be more like coelurus. Maybe I'll focus on other things like composing music on the computer and game design.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

By the way Jim E, are you the Jim who was reworking Gemeni and went to OpenGL or are you someone else?
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Not me. :)
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I like what you said before Jim e, i became a better coder even though i was spendng less time actually coding. I had a break and then returned and it was all of a sudden easier to think up nice methods to achieve certain goals.

I guess the mind keeps on ticking over :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

kv83 wrote:getting a life is good
Hahaha. Ha. Haha. :(