Unreleased? Nibbly, finished but not on ticalc.org...

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

Hehe, i don't get much spam, cuz i use Gmail. No Spam can get through the filter, and the spam that appears in my 'SPAM' folder is mostly about 'get expensive software for free!' (one word: bittorrent). i get about 1 spam a week.
CrimsonCasio

Post by CrimsonCasio »

here's the deal on spam:

The Golden Rule: Never open anything you think might be spam, most, or all spam has built in trackers in the form of a single pixle that if it gets a hit tells the spammer that your address is real, thus should spammed 100x as much. if you see something suspicious but that you need to check, make sure you have pictures turned off before viewing the e-mail.

If you violate this rule expect to spend the next few months heavily spammed.
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

That "image bug" thing is why Outlook no longer loads images from unknown addresses without your telling it it. :)
ImageImage
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

Gmail also has images in emails turned off
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

The funny thing is that you don't need actual img tags to put bugs into a letter. You can include them as background images through style attributes. Most 'protections' forget to care about them, although this is basic HTML/CSS knowledge.

Of course it doesn't matter any more, since sending letters has zero cost, it doesn't make much difference for spammers if a target address exists or not.