UTI

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Arcane Wizard wrote:
To be fair to MC's forum, most of the posts in the Programming Help and Programming ideas topics are quite interesting actually.
Indeed, but that's not my point, my point is that people seem to use different rules to judge the UTI forum than they use to judge this one, which is just silly in my honest opinion.
Like what?
DarkerLine
Calc Wizard

Post by DarkerLine »

kv83 wrote:
Arcane Wizard wrote:Indeed, but that's not my point, my point is that people seem to use different rules to judge the UTI forum than they use to judge this one, which is just silly in my honest opinion.
Like what?
Arcane Wizard wrote:I mean, certain people complain that UTI is supposedly 50% about non-calc things and the topics here are very organised and great sources for calc related information, when in fact 50% of the posts here are off-topic.
just try to be nice to people.
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

damn...lets try this again, I never meant your ideas or anything you said was stupid...There we go better? I dont remember it being exactly the same...hmm interesting. :D

Well, from what I have seen, UTI is not as calc related as MC. This is just my opinion. MC is more generalized with the TI, while UTI seems to have a bit of everything, which isn't a bad thing by any means.
The Revolution is here...
shadowing

Post by shadowing »

I wonder how this really got off topic fast...
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

Madskillz wrote:damn...lets try this again, I never meant your ideas or anything you said was stupid...There we go better? I dont remember it being exactly the same...hmm interesting. :D

Well, from what I have seen, UTI is not as calc related as MC. This is just my opinion. MC is more generalized with the TI, while UTI seems to have a bit of everything, which isn't a bad thing by any means.
If it isn't a bad thing then why is it treated as such?
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

I for one am not treating UTI bad I just don't go there that often because the content is not as much TI related as other forums that are 'ti communities'. I have no idea why it is less calc related, maybe because the owners of the site aren't active programmers? And the ASM programming forum is a bit empty :? .
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

DarkerLine wrote:
There's no connection other than your avatar between you and Sir Robin on the UTI forums, right?
Other than us being the same person, none at all.
You're Sir Robin? I never knew... I just thought you stole his avatar..
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

Kozak wrote:I for one am not treating UTI bad I just don't go there that often because the content is not as much TI related as other forums that are 'ti communities'. I have no idea why it is less calc related, maybe because the owners of the site aren't active programmers? And the ASM programming forum is a bit empty :? .
Wouldn't you go there more if you felt that the content was just as good as a forum you'd visit more regularly?

I think the UTI forum is less TI related because the forum is just there to talk about things, and UTI is more than just a forum. The current staff are all active programmers by the way.

And considering our assembly forum has over twice as many posts than Maxcoders' Programming forums combined, I wouldn't really call it empty. Perhaps you might want to try changing what posts should be shown to you by selecting a different time period at the form below the topic index.

Also, for those who think UTI has very produced very little, look here:
http://unitedti.org/index.cgi?crystal_ball=downloadcats
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Arcane Wizard wrote:And considering our assembly forum has over twice as many posts than Maxcoders' Programming forums combined, I wouldn't really call it empty.
Just as a side note, the MC forums have been wiped clean three times since the UTI forums exist.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Also, for those who think UTI has very produced very little, look here:
Wahoo... Fake Reset [Version 2.0] and Battery Power will rule you all.... If I would release every little test program I would write, I would have an archive as big as ticalc.org

and further more the archive is filled with games of people who said they hate UTI and are not anymore in the staff (Kevin)... odd

Further more, as CoBB noticed, we are now about 4 months online again, and have already half of UTI's 'ASM Programming' post count? Man, we sure rule
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Arcane wrote:Wouldn't you go there more if you felt that the content was just as good as a forum you'd visit more regularly?
Probably, but I would probably never announce my projects here anymore (http://forums.unitedti.org/index.php?showtopic=2397)
Arcane wrote:The current staff are all active programmers by the way.
So what are the projects forums that aren't updated since november 2004? :) At least I'm glad to see Destiny Realm and Sonic progressing and I hope to get more time to (re)play contra soon.
Arcane wrote:Also, for those who think UTI has very produced very little, look here:
Considering that 18.75% of those archives are my games...
CoBB wrote:Just as a side note, the MC forums have been wiped clean three times since the UTI forums exist.
hmm, maybe 5 or 6 times, since back in 2001 the forum got hosted at proboards, then f2s and after that it moved on the server where the main site is and it moved once again on the joepnet server. :roll:
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
DarkerLine
Calc Wizard

Post by DarkerLine »

Considering that 18.75% of those archives are my games...
That's about to go down as soon as I get my hands on a link cable :wink:
just try to be nice to people.
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

CoBB wrote:
Arcane Wizard wrote:And considering our assembly forum has over twice as many posts than Maxcoders' Programming forums combined, I wouldn't really call it empty.
Just as a side note, the MC forums have been wiped clean three times since the UTI forums exist.
Moot.
Wahoo... Fake Reset [Version 2.0] and Battery Power will rule you all.... If I would release every little test program I would write, I would have an archive as big as ticalc.org
Please do. Regardless, that link contained more than just little programs like Fake Reset and Battery Power, there's Contra83, Codex, The Legend of Zelda: Dark Link Quest, The Reign of Legends 2, The Reign of Legends, Reuben Quest: The Lost Mirror, Reuben Quest: Ev Awakening, and The Reign of Legends 3, for example.

Also, I don't know where you got the idea, but Kevin has never been part of the UTI staff.
So what are the projects forums that aren't updated since november 2004?
Sorry, I didn't know "programmer" ment somebody who posts updates on calculator games on our forums. JBirk and AlienCC code for a living, I code for college and a tiny bit of TiBasic again, Glen left, David left, and Bryan Thomas and JustinW code TI games, though Justin can't update us on progress.
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I havent been staff here really, just UTI members. UTI members are like normal members, but they can close their own topic, they can have a 10 MB web storage, upload their programs on the main page, and maybe some other stuff I don't know, like having a forum for their projects
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Geez guys, both MC and UTI are valuable communities, at least to some people. Why must we debate over which is better?

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"