Desolate's Speed

Moderator: tr1p1ea

Shawshank87

Desolate's Speed

Post by Shawshank87 »

Did you have to delay desolate at all, or is it running at full speed. I have been thinking about using duck's greyscale package on a new game, but i question the speed of it. I notice that in desolate you only have 1 gun and a couple of enemies on each screen. Is this the most you could do with it at once without risking lag?
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Well it depends on a few things, the game seems to run differently on every calculator so its hard to judge. Things like battery power influence the interrupt speed a bit ... plus there is the interrupt frequency that the user chooses.

The gun and enemy thing was because Desolate was the first game i coded ... so i didnt know how to do a few things. Plus i wanted to keep it simple, otherwise i probably never would have finished it :).

The only way to see if it would be fast enough is to experiment.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Shawshank87

Post by Shawshank87 »

haha, ok. i thought that maybe that was because you had speed difficulties. a very inpressive first game, might i add. it has taken me about 3 years to get to the level that your first game was at! the best i have done is Catch22. don't know if you have seen it or not. i was thinking about making it greyscale and adding ai, but i wasnt sure about the speed. on a regular 83+ on the 4 interrupt speed, would you say that you had sufficient speed leftover?
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Catch 22 ... thats the Advance Wars type game? I havent played it but it does look good :).

It all depends on what exactly you want to do> Like i said the only way to really tell if it will be fast enough is to try it out :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Hey tr1p, maybe when you're more experienced you could make another Desolate. With more than one gun. Hehe, maybe..
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
Shawshank87

Post by Shawshank87 »

alright, thanks for your help tr1p. anytime you need help on anything (like programming more weapons haha) ill be sure to help you out. maybe you can help me with a bit of greyscale if i decide to get into it.
Try your hand at turn based war strategy on your TI-83/Ti-83+ with Catch 22. Download now:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fi ... 35508.html

Project Cartel Details:
http://calcwebzine.com/index.php?option ... mid=0&id=8