Didn't get activation email, and some greyscale raycaster

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Wow, someone is interested in this and before I released the DBZ clip, nice. Madskillz just made me aware of the lcd bug. I could probably just increase the LCD speed to fix this, hopefully. During the christmas break I'm going to make it both user friendly and coder friendly. Right now all its only the grey routine. There are no sprite routines or key routines, which means more work for me :? . If any one is interested in helping me by beta testing on 84+/se I'll keep Updating my site.

Theres just one thing I want people to know. I'm kinda pushing for people to make SE games that are optimised for SEs. Meaning abandoning the trustworthy 83+. But since TI released the 84s I assume the 83+s will go the way 82s in the future.

Also, just to inform some more, My routine depends on se hardware. The LCD speed is set higher (since one version outi 64 times), the CPU runs at 15mhz (theres your speed) and the crystal timers Perfect the quality.
I hope someone other than myself will develop with this. Hint Hint, a great TWO player 3D shooter could done with the SE link hardware assist.
Calv!n.n0.1

Post by Calv!n.n0.1 »

Yes, YES, a 3D FPS on calc!!! :D
Revolution Software - http://www.revsoft.org
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I am certain that the next generation of z80 coders will make fast calc only games. But some legacy support would still be nice :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Madskillz just made me aware of the lcd bug.
-I noticed something that didn't happen before...the APOKE file...isn't that bad...actually damn near perfect. Hardly jumpy at all...maybe just a tad, but you really have to look for it! Also the RIGVIEW versions seem to eliminate the lcd problem...though I think the regular way looks a bit better. :) Oh yeah, did I mention the movie is AWESOME!
The Revolution is here...
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

I made an update to my site. I've increased the lcd speed to hopefully remove the 84 bug, also I've prereleased the source so if anyone wants to test it out, you can. It's not that clean.
One more thing, on exit of the code the lcd speed is left slightly higher than normal. So if anyone can please test a different buggy game, i'd like to see if it can be fixed in that manner.

http://www.geocities.com/jimm09876/83.html
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Nice, now i wish i had an SE :).
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Well I got an 84+ SE...if you need a tester, I am your man! :wink:

offtopic: Tr1p...is your avatar perhaps a hint of the future!? I don't think I have seen that picture before...
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

After living with a broken Ti-83+ and a broken Ti-83+ S.E. I guess it's time to get a TI-84+ 8) looks awesome man, can't wait to see it with my own eyes.
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I have messed around a littlw with setting the LCD fast etc and using OTIR in a fastcopy routine and stuff. Even did a grayscale library but of course i cant really test it as i dont have an SE. But it is all just for fun anyway :).

Offtopic: Madskillz - Well that is just part of some Desolate art i used to make an avatar, BUT it is a hint that i am not finished with the Desolate project :).
Shawshank87

Post by Shawshank87 »

desolate had so much potential. get away from the keypad system though. that was just a pain. and if you continue to use the shooting system, that needs some major help. I'm sorry, but standing in a corner and shooting until the enemy runs into the bullet is just not much of a game. but then engine is fantastic, considering the amazing collision detection and grayscale speeds. i hate to suggest that it would be perfect for an rpg (because thats all that we see for the calcs these days) but it would. i can see something totally original coming from that engine.
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

I have a question, is there any reason why I shouldn't just release grey routine by it self to ticalc? Any way, I also released the source to the pokemon demo and the raycaster. Plus a full Centipede game that was getting moldy on my harddrive. I made it when I was just begining, and I'm surpised it was so developed and I never released it. Huh...go figure.

Grrr...my ranking for the most downloads in the week is 26 and the lowest shown is 25, I think thats the best I've done.

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fi ... 36011.html

Also
Madskillz, did the update work or is the bug still present? Sorry...I need to buy an 84.
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

wow...if you haven't downloaded his Centipede game...do it now. Man...it is awesome! :P It will be on my calc. for a long time! The bug wasn't visible at all..in fact, I think it is gone! Nice work on the game man. I really enjoyed it! :)
ISUCK
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by ISUCK »

Heh, I really liked desolate...

Tr1p... i hope you mean what i think it means that I know that you think that i think that i think that it means... desolate 2?! :roll: