MaxCoderz

for your 1 bit pleasure!

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun 11 Oct, 2015 10:57 pm 
Calc King

I have already finished this project, but I thought I would share it here for the people who still browse MaxCoderz every now and then, quoting an old post of mine:

Quote:
Image Image

After several weeks of development, First Fantasy: Mana Force is finally complete! You can download it here: First Fantasy: Mana Force. If you used version 1.0, then delete prgmMFSB, MFSB2, MFSB3, MFCH and MFBM, because all sub-programs were renamed to shorter names in 1.0.1.

First Fantasy is one of the first RPG ever released for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition and the first ever one for the TI-84 Plus CE and TI-83 Premium CE! The CSE version uses Doors CSE 8.1 libraries to enhance TI-BASIC language, while the CE version uses CE Textlib. This very loose remake of Mana Force for the 83+ brings enhanced graphics, new magic spells and enemies, new cutscenes, expanded storyline and many new challenges. There are 16 magic spells available, 7 character classes, 49 monsters and several hours of gameplay. If you are a fan of Square-Enix Japanese role-playing games such as Final Fantasy, then you should try it!

If you aren't convinced yet, there is an outdated video on Youtube showing the CSE game in action (the CE version looks similar, but misses the HUD and has fewer colors), as well as the project sub-forum, which has a very large screenshot thread showing the evolution of the game.

Enjoy one of the first JRPG for TI's color Z80 and eZ80 calculator models and my first major RPG release since 2008! :D

While this isn't Reuben Quest nor ROL series, this RPG might appeal to people who prefers small games with fewer files, plus the 2002 game was totally unbalanced anyway. Here is the download link: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fi ... 46383.html

PostPosted: Sun 08 Nov, 2015 10:22 pm 
Maxcoderz Staff

Very colourful and a good game to play. Works pretty fast on the CSE too :).