Bugfixes

Moderator: Kozak

Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Bugfixes

Post by Kozak »

This post will contain all bugfixes:

Bug 1

Chapter 4 does have an error. The first brother will ask you to get a gem but he won't fight you he just says: 'stand ready for battle!'
I have a fix here www.maxcoderz.net/tvf/ .
If you are currently playing the map (chapter 4), proceed untill you meet the brother and bring him the gem. After that exit and copy the fixed chapter over it. The fixed chapter is located in the isplaying/ directory.

If you are yet to play the map, download the fixed map fom the hasyettoplay/ directory.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
ISUCK
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by ISUCK »

I have found a bug for chapter 5 :cry:

It's when you fight that guy who has the lockpicks. when i was close to beating him (just using firball, since i couldn't hit him), the calc shut off, and when i opend it it froze
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

I have no idea what could be causing that. Do you have any indication of how much ram you had left and for how long we're you battling Snatch?
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

There is nothing worse than unexplained bugs :?.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

BTW ISUCK, if you can tell me around which level you we're and which stats you had I can make an adapted version where you start in chapter 6 so you can still finish the game (you practically finished chap 5 anyways).
tokijnct

Post by tokijnct »

More bugs...sry Kozak

So far, I just finished chapter 6...

Anyways:
1) Henchman kills me due to no more items. Instant calc shut down (Chapter 6)
2) Selects HolyFire10 and calc exits battle instantly, returns to overworld, character is stuck on a tree stump... (Chapter 3)
3) I can get the Portal Key from employee right after talking to hero in ColdStone without fighting Snatch. I did this twice b4 i found out about Snatch :p (Chapter 5)
4) You can bypass the two beginning guards in ColdStone by taking left passage (bug?) (Chapter 5)
5) You start off Chapter 6 in the castle on the room right b4 the "Dark tiled" rooms leading to the main boss past all the henchmen.
6) Infinite magic level ups in Chapter 6! Talk to mage and Slidder again & again...

Using Ti 83+ SE 1.18OS
BTW Chapter 6 end is really good :D
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

1) You mean you can't heal yourself anymore and therefore you get killed an when you get killed the calc shuts down?

2) Could you clarify a bit more(tokijnct) on this one? You select Holyfire10 and even before you click on the enemy the calc returns to overworld?

3) Ok I fixed this one :). X

4) Not a bug but a reward for those who try to explore. X

5) Oops a tester bug which I left in, I fixed it. X

6) Fixed. X

==========Remaining Bugs===========
2) Selects HolyFire10 and calc exits battle instantly, returns to overworld, character is stuck on a tree stump... (Chapter 3)
3) Calc crashes when battling with Snatch.
4) Keep missing bug.

I am fixing these.
tokijnct

Post by tokijnct »

1. Henchman killed Lelani (had no more pies and apples) and calc shut off. Hasn't happened again though...maybe an error when you write into the program?

2. I select HolyFire10, select an enemy... and then you pop back onto the overworld map at the location David is at during battle. And lucky me... I happened to be on a tree stump XD

Then...later on...
THE RETURN OF THE KILLER BUGS!!! (not really killer...)

3. You can open celestial orb chest without getting keys first (chapter 6)

4. You can open the celestial orb chest over and over again... YAY Flux lvl Infinite! (chapter 6)

5. Hmm... the chapter 6 end boss killed me and it registered as a victory...yay

6. I keep on missing the bosses who are either an orc(h) or a knight (whatever it is) sprite on all chapters. Even with 150+ spirited David! (all chapters)

7. Hmm... I'm not hitting any orc(h)s (regular enemies) at all after Chapter 5...miss miss miss miss armor miss miss...so on thank you magic!!

8. not a bug but I just feel like saying this... HOLY **** that is one hard final boss! 300+ damage even with plate and sheild! Time to go train a lot... :)

Thats it... i am positive I chose the right game for POTY :) and nice final boss name :D
ISUCK
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by ISUCK »

Huh... i was about at lvl.. oh crap I forget... well, my stats were about 113-115 for both characters...But when everything was archived I had about 24090... so i guess that was more than enough...
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

Ok all your other bugs I have fixed, I only had to add one of your bugs to the not fixed list (no.5). Progress on the keep missing bug is good, I think I've narrowed it down.

===========remaining bugs============
3) Calc crashes when battling with Snatch.
4) Keep missing bug.
5. Hmm... the chapter 6 end boss killed me and it registered as a victory...yay
Spengo

Post by Spengo »

Yo, this isn't really a bug, but it is annoying. Sometimes I need to quit in the middle of a battle, but there is no quit key. A quit buton that works all the time would be very good.

Post by Guest »

Okay, I think I may have found a bug. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, the game turns itself off just when I'm walking or standing somewhere. Nothing really bad happens, the calc doesn't crash and I can just turn the game back on and I start off right where I was as if I had quit through the menu. So far this has happened on chapters 2 and 4.
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Hey, it did that to me too. Also, one time on chapter 6 when I used the history spell, I exited the battle and got stuck in a wall. Wierd. I sat around and waited for enemies to kill me and started back at the beginning of the level.
bananas... o.o
DJ

Post by DJ »

Hmm, I don't know if this a bug or not, but it is very annoying. On a Ti-83, I sometimes get stuck on top of a tree, or on a wall, with no way to get off. I have to reset my calc, therefore loosing all the levels up to that one. I think it happened to me at level 5 once. :( This is discouraging me from trying to beat the game again. What if I get stuck a high level. If you cant fix this, I think it would be nice to at least have level codes. If you have to reset your calc, you would be able to go back to the level you were on instead of beating all the other levels up to the one you were on. Oh well, hope I helped.
[edit] Woops, diddnt see what he just posted^
Kevin Ouellet

Post by Kevin Ouellet »

I found another bug an there is one suggestions for enhancing the game:

-Sometimes I run into invincible monsters (all my attacks misses) so I have to escape almost all balltes. This is annoying cuz I'm at chapter 2 with only 5 levels

-Also I noticed there was no title screen. I think a little intro at the beginning of the first chapter would be cool.

Other than that game is perfect

I play on TI-83+ SE with OS 1.18 btw :)