help?

Moderator: tr1p1ea

Llivavin

help?

Post by Llivavin »

anyone know why the game view gets messed up about a minute in? ((as in whole screen shifts to left and its alll screwie)) i got a 84+se
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Try this, should fix the problem.
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I wonder if something like HW3patch on the 68k could be achieved on the 83+? A program to patch the TI-OS with this program for example to make sure 83+ old asm games run fine on the 84+
ImageImageImageImage
Llivavin

Post by Llivavin »

kalan_vod wrote:Try [url=
www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/366/36608.html]this[/url], should fix the problem.
ty

btw kick ass avatar♦
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

yeah, altough I would prefer a Opera>IE one :D
ImageImageImageImage
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Hey Llivavin and welcome to the boards. The LCD problem is very common amongst the SE calcs. I really should release the version with the LCDFix built-in and MUCH FASTER grayscale ... lazy :X.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

Maybe someone else could do it then?
.. not suggesting myself here, I'd only mess it up..
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

tr1p1ea wrote:Hey Llivavin and welcome to the boards. The LCD problem is very common amongst the SE calcs. I really should release the version with the LCDFix built-in and MUCH FASTER grayscale ... lazy :X.
*Poke* *Poke* *Poke*

Actually, I don't think you should release the version. Instead, make a Desolate 2 (based on the alternate ending) and release those two features (as well as some other ones, like different buttons for "look" and "shoot") with it. The story can be something like Peragus Mining Facility from KotOR2, or maybe something similar to Bioshock (though definitely not as complex).
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I already know where the next Desolate is heading story wise, and i have started the engine and level editor as well.
driesguldolf
Extreme Poster

Post by driesguldolf »

Yeah? THAT ROCKS! Can't wait 'till you finish it! Desolate is just a fantastic game! (both story-, graphics- and gameplaywise!)
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

driesguldolf wrote:Yeah? THAT ROCKS! Can't wait 'till you finish it! Desolate is just a fantastic game! (both story-, graphics- and gameplaywise!)
The only problems with Desolate were: only one type of weapon (not that bad, but I still would have like to see some variety), the basic AI (just moving around randomly isn't what I expected from aliens who massacred the entire crew), the weapon/look switching thing (I got killed three times because I forgot to switch), the fact that you can only have one shot on the screen at the same time (I would actually like to see a pre-defined weapon speed rather than relying on if the previous shot hit an object or not), the kind of unresponsive keys (unless you ran the game at 6 interrupts, which turned the game too fast), the repetitive puzzles (the only puzzles I could think of were the keycode entering and trying to find every item in the game by looking at every single box from every angle), and that it was too short (me wants longer story! One of the reasons why I kind of liked TVF, the other was the joy of finding rare bugs).
Not that I didn't like your game tr1p (in fact, I think it is one of the best calc RPG's I have played), but there is always room for improvement, and I can be very overcritical at times (even with my own programs :roll: )...
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Nah its cool, i am aware of all the negative points of the game and its soley because i was only starting out in ASM and didnt want to over-complicate things. Thats why there is only 1 gun with 1 bullet and crappy enemies etc :).

The next one is a lot different, plenty of guns, bullets, enemies, puzzles, cut-scene animations etc :)

*hides*
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

tr1p1ea wrote: The next one is a lot different
Good, let's hope there are no positive stuff removed, though, like in some other sequels *glares at Deus Ex 2*
tr1p1ea wrote: plenty of guns
But not too much. Make them all different, even if it limits the guns to 3 different types. Let's see, some pretty obvious ones would be the pistol, machine gun, and shotgun (if it's codeable, that is).
tr1p1ea wrote: bullets
Again, don't make it an overkill. Plus, I don't think we'll be satisfied with bullets. Hint: flamethrower, crossbow, crowbar...
tr1p1ea wrote: enemies
As long as they are pretty different, I am OK. Just don't make 20 types of enemies that are only different from each other by appearance and health.
tr1p1ea wrote: puzzles
Yayz! And make some puzzles optional, meaning you can complete the game without doing them but if you do finish them you get a nice bonus, either some extra ammo, a shortcut, or something else (wooden duck idol and rubik's cube!)
tr1p1ea wrote: cut-scene animations
Even if it will definitely make the game a lot more interesting, it is only graphical eyecandy and might become an overkill
tr1p1ea wrote: *hides*
You'll probably need to, now that your fan base will have quadrupled after your announcement of your ambitions for Desolate 2. :wink:
Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

I really don't think it was that much of an ambitious announcement by tr1p1ea as we all know what he can do. And probably don't know everything that he can do. Either way cut-scene animations are not just eye-candy. That add to the storyline and push the feeling and mood much more than simple text. Cut-scenes are the way to go.
driesguldolf
Extreme Poster

Post by driesguldolf »

@Delnar_Ersike: I would group those problems with the name "interactivity", but hey:

Graphics: 9/10; can always be better :P (like animated tiles?)
Gameplay: 6/10; only freq 6 works good (rest sucks), tough buttons are sometimes hard to be recognized be the program and sometimes they're recognized twice (ex 2nd when you input a key code, ...), one bullet max on screen, aligned non scrolled tilemaps
Story: 9.5/10; Amazing, fantastic, and so on! (the 0.5 points is to make sure that I can give Desolate 2 a higher score 8))
Interactivity: 5/10; only necessary things are there (one gun, no puzzles, 2 enemies moving only random over the screen, ...
The average would be 7.375, keep in mind that I'm very critical when reviewing games, so this score is VERY good.

Altough I know that you (tr1p1ea) are well aware of these things, I couldn't resist sharing my view :D.
Might have forgotten some points :) but overall this game is uber, good job!

I at least expect a 10 on everything in Desolate 2 tr1pea, wich means there's absolutely no presure at all :P

If you want me to do any library programming, you can always ask