[Staff] Grayscale Slippy Is in finally finished!

Here you can find side projects of the staff and great projects which we think should get extra support. (Note that featured products are not products of MaxCoderz)

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

driesguldolf: Yeah! That happened with me on the first release, but I never reported it. I restarted and restarted, but the lines wouldn't go away and they were on every level :(
driesguldolf
Extreme Poster

Post by driesguldolf »

Just resend a non damaged copy of the game to your calc, it worked for me, I'll keep the damaged copy (if kv83 wants to analyse it) on my computer
Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

Yeah that is what I did :) . This was like 1 year ago when this happened to me.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Well, if the bug is in the RGP, I guess I can't do much. Were you able to reproduce the bug (or was this caused by RGP aswell?) when pushing the iceblock out of the screen?
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

driesguldolf wrote:Ah yes, just as I tought

Yay found another bug:
download the game to your calc and pull the cable while you are playing, the game will hang but the grayscale will stay. Now that bug sounds familiar! Hey Jim e, there's work for ya!

I assume that for the grayscale you use a costum interrupt (IM 2), you are probabely using Jim e's GPP package, I think the bug is a stack overflow caused by outputting the wrong bytes when the interrupt finishes. Jim e once showed me how to handle an isr and I encountered the exact same bug when pulling the cable (the bug is also on wikiti).

Any news?
What calc do you have? That means that an interrupt isn't being acknowledged, a link interrupt. However the 83+ link interrupt should be disabled, That could only mean that either theres more to it than documented or that its some other hardware.
driesguldolf
Extreme Poster

Post by driesguldolf »

@kv83: nah, I can't reproduce the bug. But I still have the game file where the bug is 'activated' (if you want it to compare it with the non damaged file).

@Jim e: I have a ti83plus and a ti84plus, I've only been able to check the ti84plus OS2.21 (where the bug happens using the usb connector (the only cable I've checked btw))
I don't know about the other cables or ti83plus (wich I'll be able to test in september (don't ask)).
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Heh. To much work :P I always say. If it works again, it works. Could've been anything really.
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Sorry I haven't been around as much, Thats not really a bug as much as it is simply not supporting the hardware your running on.

Since its a usb interrupt, you need to disable usb hardware. I happen to know the portthat controls usb interrupts but I don't suggest using it since it may be subject to change.

There should be a bcall for it, but I forget what it is. In any case, thats something that should be handled at shell level. So in other words, just don't have the cable plugged in when you're running your programs.