USB mouse going crazy

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

blueskies
Calc Wizard

Post by blueskies »

hop reminds me of AW.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Because it is AW.
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

What problems do you still have?
blueskies
Calc Wizard

Post by blueskies »

threefingeredguy wrote:Because it is AW.
oh. well that clears that up. :D
__Guest_

Post by __Guest_ »

AW?
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Ragol666 wrote:AW?
Troll on the interwebs that mixes opinions and facts.

I hate pulling the wire to, or pushing the wire cause its so stiff.

I use a white sheet of paper as my mouse pad for optical. Wood grain would cause jumping quite often. Also glossy surfaces can also screw up its position. While optical mice don't need the same cleaning as trackball, they do get hair and dust caught in them, you should check for that.
__Guest_

Post by __Guest_ »

do you think it could be because of my new desktop? the wood texture is darker contrast
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

I have a gaming mousepad. Nice texture to it. (Remember physics, less surface area in contact = less friction. The texture isn't pronounced enough for it to collide into.) As for the tail, I have about a foot and a half exposed for the mouse to work with and the rest is channeled int the G15 keyboard's cord tunnel. Works quite well for me.
ImageImage
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Jim e wrote:
Ragol666 wrote:AW?
Troll on the interwebs that mixes opinions and facts.
Arcane Wizard (older screen name), and that is funny Jim :P.
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

It's funny because out of all of you whining about people giving their opinions I probably have most respect for those I talk to on here.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Wireless Mouse and Keyboard sucks. Especially if you are in 20+-raid and your batteries die.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

They only suck when the batteries die.
How often does that happen?
Use Duracell batteries if you think it's too often (if that doesn't help then your mouse is too cheap - get a better one)
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

King Harold wrote:They only suck when the batteries die.
A couple of posts ago I had to tell you that wireless signals depend on electricity, and now you're trying to tell us you know what's better for a mouse?

They suck for gaming, they really really suck for graphics work, they even suck for browsing the internet if you get a cheaper better optical wired usb mouse.

Ask ANYBODY who knows computers. You could even ask graphic designers who use a Mac and they'd agree with me.

I know ONE person who prefers wireless mice, he got a Fatal1ty mouse (yes I laughed at him) when I told him to get a wired mouse for his laptop like a logitech with lazorrrrr and why. He still doesn't like wires and if you'd see his desk you'd see both why that is and why he doesn't have the right to complain about a single wire getting in the way - I had a hard time even finding his mouse.

At least he's smart enough to get a rechargable wireless mouse.
King Harold wrote:I'm not a mouse-expert so I wouldn't know
driesguldolf
Extreme Poster

Post by driesguldolf »

I don't get it... Wheter you like or dislike a wireless mouse is an opinion, not? So why even argue opinions? Ok, one likes their mouse wireless, the other doesn't, but what does it matter? As long as Ragol666's mouse is working again (in this context) it's fine by me.
I don't want to say you shouldn't write your opinions here, but at least now the difference between an opinion and a fact.

Just a little side note:
I really hate batteries (especially if they're depleted fast) for a couple of reasons:
  • always buying new (non rechargable batteries) is expensive and not evironnement friendly
  • Thus you buy rechargable ones
  • All rechargeable ones (at least the one I use) seem to have a lower voltage (1.5V for duracells (non rechargable), 1.2 for the ones I use), this causes serious troubles with some devices which think "ah lower voltage! The batteries are almost depleted, I have to shutdown now!" my reaction: AAAAAGGGGGRRRRRHHHHHH!!!
  • There will be a time when your batteries are recharging.
  • The previous is resolvable by keeping an extra set of batteries
  • Now you have to keep track of double as much batteries, the chance one gets lost is huge (for me at least)
  • If a battery is lost, or you have a mp3 player wich requires only one battery and you are tempted to take one from your calculator, you have an odd number of batteries left, and some rechargers require an even number of batteries to start recharging...
  • And so on and on...
It's just a matter of what you want: the troubles of batteries or the troubles of wires
BUT, there is a solution!!! Just have a device with built in rechargable batteries wich are recharged by a separate recharger, think of laptops, cameras and gaming devices (nds, psp)!!!
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

driesguldolf wrote:I don't want to say you shouldn't write your opinions here, but at least now the difference between an opinion and a fact.
And know that just because people say something sucks doesn't mean they don't know the difference between opinion and fact.
It's just a matter of what you want: the troubles of batteries or the troubles of wires
With wireless there's no trouble at all if you can deal with rechargable batteries, less accuracy, poor weight balancing, diminishing signal quality, radio interference, and increased costs. With wires there's no trouble at all unless you put something on top of the wire or in it's way, and then you're using your desk wrong or you'd get the same problem if you put that something in the way of the mouse itself. Sounds like an easy choice for me and anybody else who works with computers.

No desk? With a laptop it's even more important to have a wired mouse.
BUT, there is a solution!!! Just have a device with built in rechargable batteries wich are recharged by a separate recharger, think of laptops, cameras and gaming devices (nds, psp)!!!
Or think of rechargable wireless mice, because they do excist. They're just not better than wired mice.