I Got a Wii !!!

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Homestar
Extreme Poster

I Got a Wii !!!

Post by Homestar »

_
- Guess what I just got?

- guessed yet?

- Nope...

- Guess again

- Still not guessed it?

I GOT A Wii !!!!

Anyway, I just thought I'd let everyone know. In addition I put a black case on it. And if that's not cool enough, I made a video of it.

I also (with the help of my brother and sister) bought 3 additional controllers with nun-chucks, Zelda Twilight Princess, and Mario Party 8.

I was also wondering about the online deal, didn't someone post a topic about "Wii IP addresses" or something of the like nature? How would I go about finding mine? I do think it would be neat to have a Maxcoderz Wii game over the internet sometime.

Here are the pictures (which you'll also see in the video)

Image__Image__Image
Last edited by Homestar on Sat 16 Jun, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Homestar just earned .75 maxcoins for this post.
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

!! Where did you get the black case from ??
gah... I'll get a wii... eventually...
congratz man
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Cool stuff! How are you liking Zelda atm? :).

The Wii FriendCode Topic: http://kvince83.tengun.net/maxboard/vie ... php?t=2134
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Xphoenix

Post by Xphoenix »

Hey! I've had my Wii for over a month, but mine looks half as cool...
ImageImage
I don't have them, but no one can stop me :)
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

Zelda TP is Awesome! and with 4 people, I would almost say Mario Party 8 is almost equally as fun. The Wiimote action really puts the gameplay to a new level.

Does anyone know of any other great games that are currently out for the Wii? (Come on SSB) Also, how does playing Gamecube games work, as I have yet to try it.
Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

It is so wierd. When I first saw the Wii over at my friends house it looked way way smaller then all the pictures and videos gave it credit. I like how small it is and I love Wii Sports. I play my friends in Baseball and win by the mercy rule all the time!!
Delnar_Ersike
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Delnar_Ersike »

Homestar wrote:Zelda TP is Awesome! and with 4 people, I would almost say Mario Party 8 is almost equally as fun. The Wiimote action really puts the gameplay to a new level.

Does anyone know of any other great games that are currently out for the Wii? (Come on SSB) Also, how does playing Gamecube games work, as I have yet to try it.
Well, I tried out Need for Speed Carbon on the Wii at my friend's house, and it's crazy (my friend is so good, he actually got 1st place on one of the hardest tracks without using any nitrus). Also, I heard Metroid 3: Corruption is going to be pretty good.
Super Speler

Post by Super Speler »

I plan on getting a Wii this summer (I'm getting a job) so I can play TP and SSB. How are the controlers?
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

I was amazed by the controllers, Yes, I knew about the pointing, slashing, and tilting of the controller, but I didn't know it senses the twisting motion as well. This is very slick, as it seems to know exactly the orientation of the wiimote when it is pointed at the screen (keypad up being up, keypad upside down being upside down and every angle in between). This when used with the tilting of the controller, the D-pad, side buttons, or any other part of the controller is quite a combination. Also the left hand isn't forgotten about as I had originally thought, as it is also sensitive to a swift up, down, right, and left swing of the arm.

Nintendo also seems to find many creative ways to use the Wiimote. For instance on Mario Party 8, I was impressed when I used a scissors in the game. It required you to simultaneously press the A button (on the top of the controller) with the B button (on the bottom of the controller). It accurately imitated the action of you cutting with an actual pair of scissors. The tilting of the Wiimote for turning/banking, the pointing for aiming, the swinging for a sword, or the motion of cutting with a scissors really adds a lot of fun rather than jerking a joystick, or pressing a button.

No you don't actually think you're swinging a real sword, shooting a real gun, driving a real car, etc. but you do have a much more fun in the gameplay than with the previous controllers because YOU are actually participating in the actions of the character . This is what I think pushes the Wii above the "next generation" graphics in the PS3 and XBox 360.

There's my analysis of the Wiimote & Nunchuck.

P.S. I haven't tried the Classic controller yet, has anyone else? what did you think about it? By its looks it seems to be too simple to be really useful.
Xphoenix

Post by Xphoenix »

Homestar wrote: Does anyone know of any other great games that are currently out for the Wii? (Come on SSB) Also, how does playing Gamecube games work, as I have yet to try it.
Super Paper Mario is what my friend likes.

Insert the GCN game w/o any game in the slot, like a normal Wii game. Make sure you have a GCN controller plugged in. And you can have a GCN memory card plugged in as well.
ImageImage
I don't have them, but no one can stop me :)
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

So the game cube games are completely incompatible with the wiimote? :( :o
Halifax
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Halifax »

Alright yes I have to say the wiimote is great. It does not get close enough to push above the next-generation systems though. Why? The Wii doesn't have the hardware to provide great gameplay. It's game play is fun but far too repetitive and I think everyone has to admit that. It does not have enough space or processiong power under the hood to sport the ever changing and dynamic video games that the x360 and PS3 can. So what does that mean. Wii may be intuitive for "getting you in the game" but the gameplay on a PS3 or x360 is far better. It's all about preferences though. So w/e it doesn't matter, but for now after playing the PS3 and the Wii I am going to have to go with the PS3. Now I don't know maybe down the road the Wii may change my mind.(Hard chance though.)

That's the thing. PS3 and x360 aren't just pushing next-gen graphics they are pushing there system. The public is pushing all this "next-gen" graphics crap that doesn't even matter.

One more thing I like to see great cinematic scenes where you see the blood run down the players face as dirt trails of in the wind as he walks toward the camera in his high-tech suit and heavenly voices play in the background.

So basically that's why you can't compare the video game consoles in anything except specs.

And another thing is there are some games that Wii has that PS3 could easily replicate with SIXAXIS. For example tony hawk's downhill jam. So PS3 could have the gameplay and the next-gen graphics while the Wii would only have the gameplay. So there you have it.
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

I think the wii will be like the DS. All the games out now sorta suck. Zelda TP and Super Paper Mario are ok, but they're not match for their n64 counter-parts imho. Next year though, we'll start to see some real winners. The DS now has too many good games to count!
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

There are casual gamers, then there are hardcore gamers and their perspective. Hardcore gamers want all these little effects and stuff that would make the game seem awesome to them, but lots of people dont really care. To a lot of people, a system doesnt need to be a graphical monster for it to feature games with 'great gameplay' -- since to most people, graphics arent a completely critical aspect of gameplay.

This is further backed up by the Wii's sales success. Outselling both 360 and ps3 combined in NA this previous month: http://www.gamersreports.com/news/5867/ ... ned-in-us/

To me there are a lot of devr's that think good graphics are enough. Recently we have seen a lot of manufactured games which play things safe gameplay wise (and thus are uninspiring), still trying to rely on graphics and little effects alone to generate hype. Plenty of hardcore, graphics-centric gamers are impressed, but it doesnt attract other customers like other more imaginative games would.

My stance is if a game plays awesome its awesome, if it looks awesome too, then thats a plus.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."