Car accident

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Car accident

Post by DarkAuron »

I got in a car accident at school today with a black truck. Now, I'm not going to explain what happened just yet, but I want you guys to try and guess what happened. Hint: occurred in the parking lot.

Pictures
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Looks like you ran into the back of it and went under it a little so the top of your hood got crushed.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

it tried to park over your car? (is it yours btw?)
or, it was a truck with something on the back and it dropped it right on the front of the car?

It's probably something else though..

like: someone stole it, drove away too quickly, and didn't see that truck standing there so he drove right under the side of it. (highly unlikely)

the gap on the left side is bothering me, it looks like a clue but I can't make anything of it..
hop
Extreme Poster

Re: Car accident

Post by hop »

DarkAuron wrote:guess what happened
It appears that your car got damaged.
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

Looks like you got backed into by a school bus.... which would be why the bumper isn't trashed, but the hood is... Either that or the bus swiped by you...

Either that or the local mechanic shop decided to train on a car, and yours got picked...
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Another hint: I was moving at about 5mph when the accident occurred.
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

Forwards or backwards?
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Forwards.
anykey
Extreme Poster

Post by anykey »

were you intoxicated?
I think, therefore iMac
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Damn that sucks! Your car :S.

Two of my friends were in an accident the other night. It occured at around 100km/h ... somone pulled out right in front of them. I got there just as they were being loaded into ambulances. Thankfully neither of them are seriously injured.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Almost any truck or SUV could cause that kind of damage, its called bumper mismatch, and usually happens at really low speed.

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/auto/20060127a1.asp
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/ ... Index.html

I bet you were pulling out and he was backing out, then he drove right over you. Probably just a scratch on his truck.

Or it could be something like you wanted to go backwards but went forwards instead. :P
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

I made no mistake in what I was doing. I was simply driving forward out of a parking spot and I was next to my friend's SUV, which blocked view of him seeing me and me seeing him. I looked both ways and I didn't see anything through the SUV window, so I drove forward because I was going to park in an empty spot across the driving area, and immediately theres an explosion between my car and his, my head is banging against my car door, and my car is being forced to the right.

Damages? The contents of the front part of my car shifted 3 inches to the right and about 2 to 3 inches inward toward the center of the car.

His truck didn't get a scratch on it, just half of the center piece of his hubcap broke, and I don't know yet but my step-father and others say his alignment probably got screwed up from hitting me at 30mph+. We're still working out the issue with the insurance company, so I'll update you guys later on this. Unfortunately I'm currently being blamed for it because somewhat I "hit him".
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

Doing 30mph in a parking lot is retarded.

Though usually you can still see incoming cars using reflections on the cars in the spots in front of you. I doubt that helps when they're speeding though. People suck at driving.

Also, lol texas, suv's, and trucks.
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Oh come on, trucks can't even accelerate to 30mph in a parking lot. 20mph is devastating.

I remember back when I was still a freshman in highschool, my sister was pulling out of the parking space, and the same time the guy across from us was also pulling out. The spaces were angled so when you looked back you can't see the car opposite of you. Then BAM, we felt the truck lean up a bit. My sisters truck had some paint scratches on the bumper and a dent. His little car had its ass torn off. Neither vehicle could have been pulling out more than 10mph. But his looked like it was rear ended at top speed.

...HAHA that reminds me. Even longer before that, My sister actually crashed into our house! She was pulling in, didn't hit the brake(guess her foot slipped), and rammed right in the wall. When I saw what happened the wall was 2 feet into the room from where it was. First thing she said to me "HELP PUSH IT BACK IN!!". I cracked up, Mom wasn't so thrilled.

Did I mention in the 6 years I've driven I haven't had an accident, just don't want to portray Texans as reckless, just Texans with big trucks.
hop
Extreme Poster

Post by hop »

Also lol highschoolers driving cars. Anyone going faster than 10-15mph on a busy parking lot can't drive.