FFTOM3: Is it gone?

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

ham90mack

FFTOM3: Is it gone?

Post by ham90mack »

I have been playing Final Fantasy Tales of Magic 1 and 2 for the past month or two and I am eager to get the third in the series. However, it appears that FFTOM3 never got past its demo stage. Is this true? Whether or not it is still in demo or not, where can I find it? I have been looking around the internet for a while now and it seems Hitoshi's website has jumped around several times and has finally disappeared. Why the demo was never posted on ticalc.org, I don't know. :roll:
So does anyone have a clue where FFTOM3 has gone? The story kind of hangs otherwise...
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

Hitoshi showed up a year or so ago briefly (though due to his using very different mannerisms and modes of speech than he normally did, some doubted it was really him) with a new screenshot, then disappeared again. I think we can reasonably conclude FFTOM3 is dead.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
ham90mack

Post by ham90mack »

I noticed that topic, it was one of the only mentions of fftom3 on this site and the entire internet... Does anybody have a copy of the demo?
I also see that Hitoshi only posted in that one topic...
ham90mack

Post by ham90mack »

Ok, if somebody has a copy of the demo and has no way of putting it on the internet (even temporarily), I will PM them my e-mail address.
CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by CDI »

Please do not double post, the [Edit] button exists for a reason, and I am not sure a Demo exists
ImageImage
ham90mack

Post by ham90mack »

Sorry about that, and yes, a demo exists. The readme file for FFTOM2 said he released the FFTOM3 demo on the same day. Also, I think several people in the Hitoshi topic were talking about how good the demo was. So even if the demo wasn't released the day FFTOM2 came out, then does somebody have the FFTOM3 demo the Hitoshi in this forum claimed to be authentic?
ISUCK
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by ISUCK »

I'm almost positive that there was not a FFTOM3 demo that was released to the public. Even if there was, which I doubt 100%, as I've been here for quite some time, it's probably long gone now.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

There was one when the "real" Hitoshi came back, someone might still have it..I think Kevin from omnimaga does, but he wont have internet till the summer.
ham90mack

Post by ham90mack »

That is exactly what I am looking for, since there seems to be no "certified" demo or final game.
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

I think there was an extremely limited demo, nothing more than a character walking across a small overworld. That was about it.

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"