xLIB v0.6b Testing

Moderator: tr1p1ea

kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Scavenger wrote:I found a bug (and paid dearly for it). :( I'm not sure which function caused it, but I was only using draw shape and draw sprite. I'm not even sure if it was xlib, but it didn't look like basic. I came up like a normal error (ERR:GOTO) but the like just had ES, no ERR. The only option was quit. I quit and the homescreen was messed up. The cursor was a solid checkerboard, instead of a flashing rectangle. Nothing I typed in would be displayed. I went into the apps menu and finance showed up (I had it hidden with Omnicalc) and one of my apps had the archived star in front of it. Then I tried to go into the memory, and it crashed.
You can't have both installed, they use something called hooks (real()). Along with that they use some of the same memory areas, which can equal bad things. Sorry for your lost, but make sure it is just xLIB that is installed.
Scavenger

Post by Scavenger »

Dang. I still have both installed right now and I use both frequently. Is there some way to turn off hooks in Omnicalc? I don't use them at all. Well, I guess it's not that bad since the programs I work on only need xLib to run.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Scavenger wrote:Dang. I still have both installed right now and I use both frequently. Is there some way to turn off hooks in Omnicalc? I don't use them at all. Well, I guess it's not that bad since the programs I work on only need xLib to run.
You can uninstall the app in the options of it, or something.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Well if you install xLIB then Omnicalc's parser hook will be uninstalled/overwritten with xLIB's.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

tr1p1ea wrote:Well if you install xLIB then Omnicalc's parser hook will be uninstalled/overwritten with xLIB's.
I thought about that after I wrote that post :S, does omnicalc do the same when you install omnicalc over xLIB?
Gert-Jan

Post by Gert-Jan »

If you still need someone to test, mail me, i already made allot of progs with xlib :)
gertjanstockman@gmail.com
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

When i need some testers for the new version i shall add you to the emailling list :).
Gert-Jan

Post by Gert-Jan »

Ok, thank you. Another thing i have to say, is that xlib is a really cool program, I made some games/programs with it, and it's a really easy and really good app to use. Ty therefor
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I know there are some awesome game programmers out there that just dont have the time/commitment/endevour to learn ASM just so they can have sprites and tilemaps, this is why xLIB exists, to enable those guys to do their stuff without as much hassle. I appreciate your comments :).
Gert-Jan

Post by Gert-Jan »

hehe, i'm a guy like that :p. But another thing, are there other functions for xlib then there are in the general information? cause i see some people using real(13 and real(14
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

If you have the latest version of xLIB (currently at ticalc.org) there are some added functions:

Code: Select all

13 - TextMode
--------------
usage: real(13,TextFunction,Text_Mode

TextFunction = Text function to perform. 0 = TextMode(invert, lowercase etc), 1 = Display special Character
Text_Mode = If TextFunction = 0: Change the text mode. 0 = Normal, 1 = Inverse, 2 = Lowercase on, 3 = Lowercase off. If TextFunction = 1: Number of character to display (0 - 255).

When Lowercase is enabled, press ALPHA twice to enter lowercase mode in the TIOS.

*NOTE* Some TIOS functions (like errors and some menus) automatically reset these textflag's to Normal.

14 - CheckRAM
-------------
usage: real(14

Returns the amount of FREE RAM in ANS
Gert-Jan

Post by Gert-Jan »

ow, cool thank you
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

not that i want to say something bad about xLIB but those 2 functions are really easy to program in ASM and therefor ticalc.org is cluttered with them..
but i guess its in xLIB to cut down on the number of lib's used by one TI BASIC program. Which, ofcourse, is a good thing to do. (so thanx tr1p :D )