New computer, is it decent?

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

yeah, 128kb is pretty small. I remember my old windows 95 computer. It was a dell. 17" CRT, 100 mhz pentium 1, 8mb of ram, and 1.51 gig hard drive. Also, it had a number 9 brand graphics card, or something like that. It was really slow, and got even slower as time went on.

Also, to answer your question King Harold, I have been reading through the 28 days asm guide, but it doesn't seem to be clicking for me. Oh well, I'll keep working at it.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
KevinJB
Calc Wizard

Post by KevinJB »

Nine years ago I remember my parents getting a new computer. Win95. 8gb hardrive, Win95 only recognized 2 of 'em. USB ports that Win95 didn't support. And a whopping 64 mb of ram... which was an absolute ton back then. Still works to this day.. actually, no, because I gave the ram to my sister's computer she got when she went to college. But worked until about a month ago.
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
KevinJB | RevSoft
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

32mhz..win 95.. 16mb ram.. 128mb hd
Those where the days. <3
anykey
Extreme Poster

Post by anykey »

hahaha
win95 was somewhat decent for it's time, but win98 sucked horribly. They just added a bunch of stuff to 95 and expected it to be stable!
I think, therefore iMac
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

we used to have win98 at school, great fun, you could format the server harddisks from any computer!
and ofcourse shut any other computer down from any other computer, and make yourself admin, and change the admin pass,stuff like that.
so that all happened about every other week, they have xp now though, on computers that have winME kind of specs, terrible.. but you can use them to go to this site or to program.
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

btw, LINKY!!! OMFG FREE BACKPACK FOR YA LAPPY!
http://www.intel.com/smallbusiness/relax/relaxPack.htm
Life is getting better.