FIFA World Championship 2006

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Ronaldo is a bit old and unfit ... he can still turn the magic on from time to time though.

Its whether or not Brazil want it enough really ... it doesnt take much to win a soccer match. I dont think they played too great against Croatia, butyou know they are going to get better.

They play Australia next ... i wonder how that will go :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

England won with 2:0 with two goals in the last minutes and Sweden won with 1:0, also with a goal in the last minut. Means that both England and Sweden will go to the next round.

This makes 4 teams which will are as good as in the next round, Germany, England, Ecaudor and Sweden. England will propably be 1st of their group, and Sweden 2nd. I think that Ecuador will win in the game against germany, making them the 1st and Germany 2nd. The only chance that Sweden won't make it to the finals, is that Portugal will lose against Trinidad... that's a real slim chance to be honest :P ... So congrats to coelurus! :)

So the 1/8 finals are most likely:
Ecaudor - Sweden
Germany - England

The 2nd game could be intresting :)

Tommorow Netherlands will play. If they win, they are in the 1/8 finals aswell. Oranje! Oranje! Oranje!
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

WK Lingerie during some of the tv commercial breaks. : )

Oranje <3
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Holland "lost" against Portugal. Some quotes from bbc:
Russian referee Valentin Ivanov set the tone for his performance by booking players from the start for late tackles that he could have given free-kicks for.
Portugal should have been reduced to nine when Figo was only booked for headbutting Van Bommel, who took his time before falling to the floor.
Soon after Figo was at it again. This time it was his turn to fake serious injury as he tangled with Boulahrouz, who was handed a second booking and dismissed.
Deco was booked for a flying foul on Johnny Heitinga and he was off soon after, shown a second yellow for refusing to hand the ball back to Holland as Ivanov continued to throw cards around like confetti.
The bookings prevented a young and inexperienced Holland side from gaining any sort of momentum as they chased the game.
Their miserable evening was compounded in the fourth minute of stoppage time when Van Bronckhorst was shown a second yellow for a minor foul.
www.bbc.co.uk

... I hope the players of Portugal burn in hell for this. Especially Figo. What an asshole.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I like Portugal ... but that match was insane. There was something like 16 yellows and 4 reds?!

WHAT IS WITH THE REFEREE'S AT THIS WORLD CUP?!!!

Australia play Italy tonight! Cmon Aussie, CMON! :).
coelurus
Calc Wizard

Post by coelurus »

The match between the Netherlands and Portugal was messed up, lots of things went wrong. The referee actually judged rather correctly regarding the new rules (considering what he saw, the referee isn't almighty), I wouldn't blame him. Portugal did a fair goal and the Netherlands were real close, still the outcome was justified imho (runs like crazy).

Argentina vs Mexico was a lot more about pure football. Gosh, I haven't seen any other team run as much as either of the two :)
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

I think the ref did ok too, though he missed a thing or two. Like that fault where he had suppsedly already observed another fault and thus wouldn't give anything for the later one. That's bullshit, any faults ought to be dealt with accordingly, no matter if the game was stopped already or another fault was observed or not.

I feel that figo should've gotten a card for that faking. Problem is, our own Robben did it several times earlier in the match.

It's the players that couldn't be bothered to get their act together after the first 5 minutes and the 10-5 minutes before the end of the match. I mean come on, some players can't even recieve passes or be where they should be to score or defend. We have two or three players (van der sar (keeper), van persie (offense), and boulahrouz(defense)) who actually play football and the rest can't even stay on their feet, are just standing there when they should be moving 2 yards to get a perfect clear shot at the goal with a ball that is being passed to them, and shooting the ball in random directions or heights.

Just like last time against Portugal and just like the previous times, except then we won because the opponents wheren't of world cup quality.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

tr1p1ea wrote:I like Portugal ... but that match was insane. There was something like 16 yellows and 4 reds?!

WHAT IS WITH THE REFEREE'S AT THIS WORLD CUP?!!!

Australia play Italy tonight! Cmon Aussie, CMON! :).
Sorry tr1p, seems like Australia didn't make it aswell :cry:
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Yeah sucks, we have copped some extremely bad referee decisions ... that penalty was no exception.

Italy do not deserve to be in the quaters.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Just a little update: Germany just lost against Italy.

Italy is in the final game against either Portugal or France. My bet is that Italy will be the next World Cup Champion :)
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Yeah i honestly thought that Germany would be too strong for Italy ... but they have managed to win in the dying moments again.

You never know how things will turn out in this world cup. I still dont really want them to win though.

Im going for Portugal now :).
pacHa
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by pacHa »

Go France !
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Allez les bleus!
Last edited by benryves on Wed 05 Jul, 2006 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I watched the French news today and it even though i could only understand a small amount of it ... it was all about football :).
pacHa
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by pacHa »

tr1p1ea > sadly yes :(
ben > c'mon it's "allez les bleus", without 'e' (that would imply women are playing...) :p