Please Delete ASAP - Thanks!

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

kalan_vod wrote:
Timendus wrote:Absolutely right. I'm not sure though how that has much to do with my point? :)
To show that all I try to do here is help others in the best way I can, and by that I mean keeping them motivated. I really look forward to many projects, but without people showing much if any interest it is very hard to stay motivated.

@Compwiz: Ok, I didn't say that on omni but I did say that "I am sick of death of you", at which now I regret saying and apologize for doing so. I appreciate you taking the time to apologize and all.
Great. I'm glad that we could finally come an understanding. :)

However, I did notice some very disturbing things at Omnimaga. First, my account was suspended for no reason. I have not posted on there for months, and never broken any rules there, yet my account was just suspended. After making a new account to post on the topic about this, I discovered that whenever someone types "maxcoderz" there, it automatically switches it to "The-website-where-troublemakers-gathers" in the post. This seems like an abuse of mod power there, IMHO.
Last edited by CompWiz on Fri 02 Jun, 2006 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spellshaper

Post by Spellshaper »

CompWiz wrote: However, I did notice some very disturbing things at Omnimaga. First, my account was suspended for no reason. I have not posted on there for months, and never broken any rules there, yet my account was just suspended. After making a new account to post on the topic about this, I discovered that whenever someone types "maxcoderz" there, it automatically switches it to "The-website-where-troublemakers-gathers" in the post. This seems like an abuse of mod power there, IMHO.
oook... the 2nd is just making fun as far as I remember...

Your account being suspended... I think I'll talk with Kevin about that. Did you post after signing up? It may be that Kevin deleted all user with 0 posts sometime...

/edit: ahh I c you signed up again, ok. You still want you old account back?
PSYCALYPSE
Nigecha dame da!
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Spellshaper wrote: Your account being suspended... I think I'll talk with Kevin about that. Did you post after signing up? It may be that Kevin deleted all user with 0 posts sometime...

/edit: ahh I c you signed up again, ok. You still want you old account back?
I would appreciate it. And my account wasn't deleted because of no posts, it was suspended until June 30th. Did I break any rule there? No, I haven't even posted recently on there. Why exactly was I suspended?
CDI
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by CDI »

Kevin suspend accounts so people don't join and make "flames", in reality, it has worked more than once, and keeps working...
ImageImage
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

CDI wrote:Kevin suspend accounts so people don't join and make "flames", in reality, it has worked more than once, and keeps working...
It didn't stop me from posting. I just made another account and posted with that. (I didn't flame either)It seems very unfair to suspend someone when they have broken no rules. That's like saying that if you know someone is likely to have an argument with someone they should be sent to jail to prevent it. Suspending my account only made me more likely to flame, and a lot more angry. What crime am I being punished for?

I simply cannot believe that because I asked one innocent question here, that I should get flamed on other sites, and have my accounts there suspended. What did I do to deserve this? I haven't broken any rules, I haven't insulted kalan, I haven't insulted his project. In fact, I complemented him and his programing. What is going on? :evil:
Loki
Extreme Poster
Location: My world is in grayscale, but if i stand still long enough, i see it in black and white.

Post by Loki »

First off, let me apologize to CompWiz for things i've said in my posts. Next, I'd like to offer a suggestion in dealing with this: Lets just all say we're sorry for acting the way he have, and just let this whole thing drop. I mean, I understand how kalan feels, and i understand Compwiz's argument, but both sides have told their story, and now its time to just move on. Now to get back on topic, Kalan, great game, I enjoyed it a lot ^_^
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Loki wrote:First off, let me apologize to CompWiz for things i've said in my posts. Next, I'd like to offer a suggestion in dealing with this: Lets just all say we're sorry for acting the way he have, and just let this whole thing drop. I mean, I understand how kalan feels, and i understand Compwiz's argument, but both sides have told their story, and now its time to just move on. Now to get back on topic, Kalan, great game, I enjoyed it a lot ^_^
This is exactly what I hoped we could come to. I never meant to start an argument or offend kalan in the first case. I am perfectly willing to drop this, and I would appreciate it if the suspension of my account on omnimaga would be dropped. If I had wanted to flame, I would have done it with the second account I just made so I could still post there. As you can see, I presented my side clearly and truthfully on omnimaga, without decending to insults of other people. I haven't broken any rules, and I don't intend to. I see no reason I should have been suspended in the first place. Lift the suspension, lets drop the argument, and get on with other things. OK? :)

and thanks Loki. I appreciate the apology, and your effort to resolve this. :)
Last edited by CompWiz on Sat 03 Jun, 2006 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loki
Extreme Poster
Location: My world is in grayscale, but if i stand still long enough, i see it in black and white.

Post by Loki »

I'll see what I can do to lift the suspension
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Loki wrote:I'll see what I can do to lift the suspension
Thanks. :)
katmaster
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by katmaster »

Wow, good to see this has a happy ending. But this isn't the first time this has happend in this community. And I think we should ALL take some steps to ensure it doesn't happen again. First, people really need to try to be more supportive of others, even if they HATE their project idea. If you're not going to type anything nice, don't type anything at all. Second, we all need to understand that some of us have really hard outside lifes. Try to be more understanding if people seem to be on a short fuse. They are probably going through something hard that you have NO idea what its llike. So try to be more understanding of them. Some of us, including me, have it REALLY easy compared to others. Also, I think the moderaters here at Maxcoderz should do a better job of screening whats posted here, because, if you notice, this seems to be the only calc forum that stuff like this happens. Scream if you think I'm wrong, but I truely believe that this will make a much happy, stronger, and more productive community.

And Kalan, GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!!
cheese=yum
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Can a mod delete this topic please?
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

katmaster wrote:Wow, good to see this has a happy ending. But this isn't the first time this has happend in this community. And I think we should ALL take some steps to ensure it doesn't happen again. First, people really need to try to be more supportive of others, even if they HATE their project idea. If you're not going to type anything nice, don't type anything at all. Second, we all need to understand that some of us have really hard outside lifes. Try to be more understanding if people seem to be on a short fuse. They are probably going through something hard that you have NO idea what its llike. So try to be more understanding of them. Some of us, including me, have it REALLY easy compared to others. Also, I think the moderaters here at Maxcoderz should do a better job of screening whats posted here, because, if you notice, this seems to be the only calc forum that stuff like this happens. Scream if you think I'm wrong, but I truely believe that this will make a much happy, stronger, and more productive community.

And Kalan, GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!!
I was thinking about making a topic about this. Because of this, I've noticed that some programmers really hate this forum. While this whole argument was based on a misunderstanding, I'm guessing that a possible reason Kalan assumed that my post was intended to be insulting was because he has had real insults and offensive statements directed at him before. The reason Omnimaga has grown, is because it acts as a safe haven for Basic programmers. This shouldn't be neccesary. While I'm sure it's nice to have a website where all the Basic experts come, to have been driven there by critisism is a terrible thing. I think that all of us at this forum need to put an effort forward to be nicer to all calculator programmers, regardless of the language they use. Just because someone doesn't know asm doesn't mean they aren't spending just as much time and effort making their creations. Lets foster an atmosphere of helpfulness and understanding here, so we are no longer seen as the "bad guys", or as Omnimaga puts it "The-website-where-troublemakers-gathers".

And maybe eventually Kevin will notice, and unblock our website on his computer. :mrgreen:
elfprince13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by elfprince13 »

A lot of people view maxcoderz as being a bunch of arrogant elitists who ignore anyone they dont think are 1337. while you guys are undeniably good at Asm, that doesn't give anybody the right to be arrogant.

Im tired of seeing a "Crisis" everytime somebody gets mildly offended at something somebody says. whether or not maxcoderz flames people now is irrelevant atm, we all know (whether you will admit it publicly or not) that in the past maxcoderz has originated flame wars which makes people even more sensitive to little things now.

Maybe its time for everybody to remember what they learned in kindergarten: 'if you dont have anything nice to say, than its probably best not to say anything at all'.
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I still dont understand why people think that we [at MaxCoderz] are 'arrogant elitists' etc etc. I realise that lots of people hold this mentality, but it certainly leaves people like myself, Ben, Michael and other perplexed. We do the best we can to encourage and make others feel welcome.

Unfortunately we are all plagued by busy schedules which means that we just dont have enough time to go over every post on these forums. This is why we rely on peoples ability to be civil in the ways they relate to each other here.

If you feel that a specific post needs attending to, please PM myself or one of the other staff members.

I really dont like locking/deleting topics, but im afraid i really dont have much of a choice. I really am sorry that you guys feel this way about us.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."