Gymnastics anyone?

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

ISUCK
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Gymnastics anyone?

Post by ISUCK »

Does anyone do gymnastics here? I just recently joined the freshman team on my school, and it's getting to be pretty fun. My favorite events are floor and pommel horse... I might post some pic if I get bored 8)
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Sounds nice, and you're only in 9th? I never really was flexable and what not, since I am more like a football player >.<..
Spencer
Extreme Poster

Post by Spencer »

None myself, but it's great that you're doing what's fun. At my school, they used to push soccer a bit too far -- almost forgetting it was just a game. Needless to say, I didn't continue to play into college (I imagine it just gets worse).

Ever since I played Ocarina of Time, my goal in life was to be able to do a backflip. If you're good at floor, have you already bested me? :)
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Doing a back-flip with a sword and shield would be quite impressive :).
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Leumas
Extreme Poster

Post by Leumas »

i use to do gymnastics, but i was younger and much more flexible. My two favorites were the vault (I loved Flipping through the air), and the rings (because I was the only one who could really do them in 5th grade). I miss those days. But I could never do a the floor moves very well, I had this fear of handsprings. Good luck on the TEAM!!!
There is no place like 127.0.0.1
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

My sister does gymnastics. I did Tae Kwon Do for about 5 years. I am a black belt.
DigiTan
Calc Master

Post by DigiTan »

I sorta got hooked on this new freerunning stuff last year after I realized I had no sense of balance. Wish I could do flips and stuff, but I don't have practice mats and don't want to bash my brains in. Gotta try a gymnastics class if they have one.
My diet consists of nails, code-stealers, and HP fans.
Projects:

Robot War [TI-82, TI Flash App]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Multiplatform]
ISUCK
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by ISUCK »

Yea, vault is really fun, except wen you slam in the table hehe.

to trip and spencer: eh, I'd probably end up cutting myself if I did a backflip holding a sword. They haven't taught me backflips, just backhandsprings, but I actually accidentally pulled one off some time ago.

I'm not quite that good, but it's really fun, and for the first time in a couple of months, I've been actually exercising, so it feels good.