Star Wars RPG

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Star Wars RPG

cool
81%
not cool
No votes
huh?
19%

Total votes: 16

gangsta
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gangsta »

really good...now I need front and back views...this time w/o the lightsaber...
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

Timendus wrote:
calcul831415 wrote:@everyone: Well I haven't gotten to that level of greyscale use so don't blame me if I want to learn how to do greyscale on my own.
If you ask me, that's exactely the kind of thinking that we, as a community, have to get rid of :) When you program something on a PC, and you want to put a few buttons on the screen, do you want to reinvent the mouse and video drivers as well? Do you implement your own GUI to bypass Windows? Of course not. Rely on other people's work, it'll give you much faster and often better results, because coding something as complex as a good greyscale interrupt is a project of it's own.
We're talking about a calculator here. Although I mentioned before that building on top of other people's work is good and I supported your API, the only thing I don't support is newbs blindly using API without questioning what it actually does. It is important that they understand code, and API is a great way to start. Still, we should advocate that programmers start to experiment with API's coding and possibly improve it where it needs to be improved. That is why you have your open forum.

btw, are you going to at link port stuff for API? I found somebody's linkport routine, but I don't think it's very complete or useful.
Image Image Image
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

calcul831415 wrote:We're talking about a calculator here. Although I mentioned before that building on top of other people's work is good and I supported your API, the only thing I don't support is newbs blindly using API without questioning what it actually does. It is important that they understand code, and API is a great way to start. Still, we should advocate that programmers start to experiment with API's coding and possibly improve it where it needs to be improved. That is why you have your open forum.
Yes, you're right. You need a basic understanding, and people improving routines is what the API is all about. But you don't have to understand exactely how the greyscale interrupt routine works, as long as you understand the basic idea and how to use it.
btw, are you going to at link port stuff for API? I found somebody's linkport routine, but I don't think it's very complete or useful.
Could you post it in the API topic? Let's not clutter this topic up with our nonsense any further :) There's already some preliminary link port code in the API, but that needs a complete overhaul.
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

well, gansta, that's my problem, I have MASSIVE amounts of trouble with front/ back views... oh, and it's going to be hard to have a swinging light saber at this size (16x16) I may have to try an overlay sprite that you would... overlay :)

I'm not going to turn much out for a week, I've got to finish my novel by next wed, and, I've got about 30 pgs or more to do, oh, and did I mention, this will be the english grade for the year?
gangsta
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gangsta »

k guys. i'm back coding after science fair and countless projects- its spring break-whew!...I really need those front and back views, I've got some weapons and stuff, though...I have the greyscale kinda running...So, all in all, i say I've done about 2% of the engine

-EDIT- need AI help too...but I can try to figure that out...; and ideas for enemies and weapons...