SourceCoder and optiBasic Merge

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

KermMartian
Calc Wizard

SourceCoder and optiBasic Merge

Post by KermMartian »

Brazucs Article:
For the last few weeks, I have been in intense competition with KermMartian to beat his "Source Coder" project.

Both have their pros and cons: OptiB is a great optimizer while SC is a great editor now, especially with the file upload which I could not get working for the life of me.

I thought of implementing several features from SC into OptiB and thought, "Why reinvent the wheel?" Kerm is a great php coder and knows how to do things I could probably only dream of or that would take me ages to get working.

As you all know, I've been working long nights on this and Kerm admitted he has also worked double-time on his SC. In an attempt to get the best out of two great ideas, we have both agreed to join forces, thus dawning the first Cemetech-UTI joint project.

For standardization purposes, most things will be hosted at Cemetech. It might a few days to get both codes completely merged, but I’m sure they both will be eventually.

More info will come up as things start moving along!
My article:
Around eight months ago, I began work on a project to chart all of the TI-83/+/84 tokens into a PHP array and human-readable format. After about seven months of progress in decoding the token system, I had a complete chart and a rudimentary interface for importing programs and outputting HTML. After adding a BBCode, Invision BBCode, and HTML boxes for copying and pasting output, I deemed it SourceCoder v1.0 and released it to the public. ticalc.org decided to feature it, in the interim of which I made an image parser that renders .gif, ASCII art, and z80 ASM-compatible code. I began making it modular by providing support for several types of files, and it eventually came to support every type of .83* and .8x* file available. At the same time, Brazucs, a recently-minted staff member at UnitedTI.org, began working on a project to convert the badly-tokenized code generated by GraphLink into readable Unicode for use on forums. As I began v2.0 of SourceCoder, I planned to have a focus on editing and optimizing capabilities, since it is a Basic Elite project after all. After making substantial progress, and noting that Brazucs was making great strides towards a working optimizer and syntax-highlighter, he approached me with a proposal that we join forces to make a single complete and superior SourceCoder. After a bit of discussion, since I am normally wary of such partnerships, I agreed. The project will retain its name of SourceCoder, its home here, and the current forum here, but it will now be subtitled optiBasic and include all of the breakthroughs Brazucs has made. With this, I am releasing the first public link to SourceCoder v2.0 beta: SourceCoder v2.0 Beta
http://www.cemetech.net/projects/basice ... coder2.php
http://www.cemetech.net/projects/basice ... i_main.php[/quote]
Image Image Image
Brazucs

Post by Brazucs »

http://www.cemetech.net/projects/basicelite/opti/ works fine too.

Just a note: they'll both eventually be merged into one big page.

gangsta
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gangsta »

Kerm's Article wrote:Around eight months ago, I began work on a project to chart all of the TI-83/+/84 tokens into a PHP array and human-readable format. After about seven months of progress in decoding the token system, excellent typing inputting help having come from wizard3246, I had a complete chart and a rudimentary interface for importing programs and outputting HTML. After adding a BBCode, Invision BBCode, and HTML boxes for copying and pasting output, I deemed it SourceCoder v1.0 and released it to the public. ticalc.org decided to feature it, in the interim of which I made an image parser that renders .gif, ASCII art, and z80 ASM-compatible code. I began making it modular by providing support for several types of files, and it eventually came to support every type of .83* and .8x* file available. At the same time, Brazucs, a recently-minted staff member at UnitedTI.org, began working on a project to convert the badly-tokenized code generated by GraphLink into readable Unicode for use on forums. As I began v2.0 of SourceCoder, I planned to have a focus on editing and optimizing capabilities, since it is a Basic Elite project after all. After making substantial progress, and noting that Brazucs was making great strides towards a working optimizer and syntax-highlighter, he approached me with a proposal that we join forces to make a single complete and superior SourceCoder. After a bit of discussion, since I am normally wary of such partnerships, I agreed. The project will retain its name of SourceCoder, its home here, and the current forum here, but it will now be subtitled optiBasic and include all of the breakthroughs Brazucs has made. With this, I am releasing the first public link to SourceCoder v2.0 beta: SourceCoder v2.0 Beta
wizard3246 is me...i have a diff. alias on that site...
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

This comes to a great surprise, I am really really looking forward to this!
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

Yup, we hope people find it to be a very useful tool!
Image Image Image
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

Did u fixed SC2 yet kerm?
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Yeah I am tired of seeing Youve been banned :(
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

*sigh* I'm working on it. I'll try to fix it today.

Edit: fixed!!! :)
Image Image Image
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Yays for not being banned! Did you fix the errors it had?
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

Which errors? I fixed the ban issue; it turned out to be a bug in phpBB 2.18.
Image Image Image
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

The issue with not showing the last two lines of code.
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

Ah yes, I'll have to check if I fixed that. If I recall, I had fixed it.
Image Image Image