xLIB Démineur

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

kalan_vod
Calc King

xLIB Démineur

Post by kalan_vod »

I have just released this and it was known as a secret project, a small side project. xLIB Démineur is a clone of the Mine Sweeper game using xLIB flash Application by Patrick Prendergast. Unlike most Mine Sweeper clones this one features great graphics and runs pretty fast. Also this game has the option of changing the size of the map and number of mines

You can download it here or here. Enjoy :D!
Loki
Extreme Poster
Location: My world is in grayscale, but if i stand still long enough, i see it in black and white.

Post by Loki »

Makes me wish I still had my TI-84+...looks great though; better than the other ones i've seen.
pacHa
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by pacHa »

It's impressive to see how BASIC games can look so nice thanks to xLib...good work !
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Your "auto-unhide" doesn't work as it should on the screens... why? ... I know it's quite a challenging algorithme, I remember when I wrote it, that it was one of the hardest things I did back than... :) You have to make a customized way-find thingie... man, I was so proud of it back then
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

kv83 wrote:Your "auto-unhide" doesn't work as it should on the screens... why? ... I know it's quite a challenging algorithme, I remember when I wrote it, that it was one of the hardest things I did back than... :) You have to make a customized way-find thingie... man, I was so proud of it back then
Huh? Maybe you posted in the wrong thread?

Thanks for the comments guys and I hope you enjoy the game.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

kalan_vod wrote:
kv83 wrote:Your "auto-unhide" doesn't work as it should on the screens... why? ... I know it's quite a challenging algorithme, I remember when I wrote it, that it was one of the hardest things I did back than... :) You have to make a customized way-find thingie... man, I was so proud of it back then
Huh? Maybe you posted in the wrong thread?
No... or are you saying this isn't a Minesweeper-clone topic? Maybe "auto-unhide" is a strange term.. uhm.. "auto-reveal"? You know, the algorithme you use when you click on a field that it reveals all "empty" fields connected to it, and all "empty" fields connected to that, and so on, and so on until it reaches a number
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Ok I understand now, the problem I faced when I did it just like the orignal was it being incredibly slow. It will not work with basic, or at least not with matricies. But in your game it wooks fast and good :P, though it is in asm.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Anyone else try this? I would like to know what I could do to it before I am done with it.
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

M4Y83 7RY 70 m4k3 73h KUrs0R m0v3m3N7 pH4s73r, 1 7h1NK 7h1Z k0ulD 83 p0SS18L3, Unl3Ss y0u uZ3 Sp3C14L 4L90R17Hm 7H@ sL0w 7H1N9z d0WN

(sry for the above its cuz of kalan post count I actually meant "maybe try to make the cursor movement faster, i think this could be possible, unless you use special algorithm that slow things down")
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Nice, I was meantioned on calcwebzine!