Star Blaster 68k

A forum where you can announce your awesome project(s).

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Spengo
Calc Master

Star Blaster 68k

Post by Spengo »

Tyler wrote: Star Blaster is my latest project for the 68k Calculators coded in C. I got inspiration for coding this game because there used to be a great game out on the internet called Wormholes. Well Centerfleet.com has seemed to have shutdown for some reason so now I am coding Star Blaster Now.

Game Story:
A group of Human Martian Rebels have decided to isolate Earth from Mars so Mars can have it's own Government System. These rebels are going to extreme limits of killing many innocent people to take over Mars. A group of Elite Star Fighters have been sent out to defend and protect the Space Carriers carrying in Military Troops from many countries to restore control of Mars. May your senses guide you well in your Journey, young Wieger....

Features:
-Linkplay (supports linkplay because 89/89TI and 92+/v200)
-Grayscale Support
-Upto 8 AI
-Campaign
-Skirmish Game
-Map Editor
-3 to 5 Space Ships to choose from
-About 6 weapon upgrades
-About 4 armor upgrades
-A nice Main Menu

Game Progress:
Sprites Status: 0 Sprites (0%)
Coding Status: 0 Lines (0%)
Project Status: 3% (0.5 Hours)

Todo:
-Some more Sprites

Done:
-Most of Sprites

Current Challenges:
-Drawing Sprites (stickmen are bad enough)
Will be a top down space shooter with 20 directions and cool stuff like that. I decided to take the small job of creating greyscale sprites for it 'cause I like drawing spaceships. Anyways, most of them are done and can be viewed here: http://www.calcforge.org/forum/index.php/topic,27.0.html
bananas... o.o
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

Those are awesome sprites!! I wish I was as good of an artist.
Image Image Image
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Wow Spengo, those sprites look sharp. I dont have a 68k calc, but tell him I cant wait to check this game out. Oh and I will find a way to play it. I will. *cough VTI and a rom *cough
The Revolution is here...
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Madskillz wrote:Wow Spengo, those sprites look sharp. I dont have a 68k calc, but tell him I cant wait to check this game out. Oh and I will find a way to play it. I will. *cough VTI and a rom *cough
You wouldn't be suggesting that you'll be doing something, banish the thought, illegal, would you?
2. Q: What about ROMS?
A: We do not tolerate talk about roms or any other illegal software. Threads with this content will be closed or deleted.
Downloading Roms is illegal. By posting information about ROMS, and how to get them, you make yourself illegal aswell. You will be held responsible for any sues.
If you want to get VTI running, use the ROM dump wizard of VTI. If you don't have the calculator, than you are not allowed to have the ROM either. It's that simple.
Last edited by CompWiz on Mon 23 Jan, 2006 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Tisk Tisk!
Spengo I am watching this progress on omni and I still think this is a amazing project!
KermMartian
Calc Wizard

Post by KermMartian »

These are teh uber fly. Nicely done.
Image Image Image
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

Oh, Tyler never joined mc. Okay, well, I'll post the updates from omnimaga then. :)
Tyler wrote: Yes, I am going to allocate a ton of space for the ships than I am going to use joeyadam's rotation functions from ExtGraph 2.00 Beta 5 to rotate them. This means with all these ships I will need a loading bar. Oh well, it should not load at startup any longer than 4 seconds at the beginning B)

Now the trick is to try to speed up the rotation process :dang:
Tyler wrote: I uploaded a screenshot of vti loading up Star Blaster, the Game Intializer is just about complete.
This Evening I made the loading screen and sprite rotater. I have allocated ~70KB of ram so far for the Double Grayscale Buffering and Rotated Sprites. It takes about 12 seconds to load the game at startup (I needed a loading bar) and the game itself is ~14KB on calc, but I cannot see it inflating in size for a while becaus e I think the Sprites take about 10KB of that. Well, thats all I have for you right now Tongue
http://www.calcforge.org/forum/index.php/topic,28.0.html
Tyler wrote: I took out the Background images because they will cause conflictions with collision detection. Anyways, I added in support for asteroids today. The game allocates 90KB of RAM now :)
Tyler wrote: It does seem it is possible for background images, sigh, perhaps I will place in about 2, 3 or 4 background images into the game that move around ;)
bananas... o.o
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

I dont remember posting anywhere a link to download roms, or discussed any means of getting roms. ROMS are a grey area, nobody is exactly 100% positive on the matter. Unless I distrubited the rom me or MC are not breaking any laws. Since I obtained it in a perfectly legal way, nothing was done on my part to make it illegal or put MC in a liable state. Thus my ranting is done and oh yeah, I am immune to such silly nonsense, that I, Madskillz, would do anything illegal. :wink:
The Revolution is here...