Guild Wars

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

MetalHead25
Extreme Poster

Guild Wars

Post by MetalHead25 »

Ok, im back from Russia, (i came back like a month ago) nad ready to continue calc programming, w00t w00t!! While i was in Russia i decided to buy a gaming magazine and read it to find some interesting info(*cough*Guild Wars*cough*, E3).
When i came i spend the $50 to buy it.
WOW.
I was amazed by it, and since my comp is to old to run it im playin it at shadow phoenix's house.
WOW.
First of all, about the graphics. Three words to describe them: bright, colorful, stylish. The models of characters have lots and lots of polygons. The monsters have less polygons but they still are amazing.
WOW.
Gameplay: At first i felt kind of weird since Guild Wars isn't an ordinary MMORPG and when you leave the town or an outpost the regions are created just for you and your group.
Skills:There are at least 200 skills for every hero. Sounds cool, doesn't it? But there is a trick:you can only take 8 skills to outside of town....
The high level is 20 but it takes way more time to get a level up then in other games. Anyways, you could still get to the highest level faster then in other games.
In Guild Wars, there are 6 proffestions to chose from, each with a set of unique skills and attributes:Warrior, Monk,Ranger,Elementalist,Mesmer,Necromancer. At level 2 you could chose a secondary proffesion.

I highly advise playin Guild Wars for those who love MMORPGs and even for those who don't. I like it a lot better over standard MMORPGs, especially that you don't have to pay a monthly fee and you only need to purchase the game ($50).
I WORSHIP THOSE WHO LIKE METAL

'MY OTHER RIDE IS YOUR MOM....'
ImageJeff Hanneman-Slayer (1991 Black Magic Video)
kalan_vod
Calc King

Re: Guild Wars

Post by kalan_vod »

MetalHead25 wrote:Ok, im back from Russia, (i came back like a month ago) nad ready to continue calc programming, w00t w00t!! While i was in Russia i decided to buy a gaming magazine and read it to find some interesting info(*cough*Guild Wars*cough*, E3).
When i came i spend the $50 to buy it.
WOW.
I was amazed by it, and since my comp is to old to run it im playin it at shadow phoenix's house.
WOW.
First of all, about the graphics. Three words to describe them: bright, colorful, stylish. The models of characters have lots and lots of polygons. The monsters have less polygons but they still are amazing.
WOW.
Gameplay: At first i felt kind of weird since Guild Wars isn't an ordinary MMORPG and when you leave the town or an outpost the regions are created just for you and your group.
Skills:There are at least 200 skills for every hero. Sounds cool, doesn't it? But there is a trick:you can only take 8 skills to outside of town....
The high level is 20 but it takes way more time to get a level up then in other games. Anyways, you could still get to the highest level faster then in other games.
In Guild Wars, there are 6 proffestions to chose from, each with a set of unique skills and attributes:Warrior, Monk,Ranger,Elementalist,Mesmer,Necromancer. At level 2 you could chose a secondary proffesion.

I highly advise playin Guild Wars for those who love MMORPGs and even for those who don't. I like it a lot better over standard MMORPGs, especially that you don't have to pay a monthly fee and you only need to purchase the game ($50).
i am very aware of Guild Wars, but i quit diablo 2 after playing it a total of 5 years and it was my addiction. Now if i went to a better game i.e. GW .....worse addiction for me :D.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

My friend offered to *give* me guild wars, since I told him about it back last spring and he doesn't play it anymore. I'm pretty sure my 9600 can tackle those graphics :P
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

easily....
Join our guild...
Life is getting better.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Well if I do get the game, the first thing I'm gonna be is a Necromancer, hands down. :twisted:
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
MetalHead25
Extreme Poster

Post by MetalHead25 »

Nice, i have a Range/Nec and a Nec/Elementalist
I WORSHIP THOSE WHO LIKE METAL

'MY OTHER RIDE IS YOUR MOM....'
ImageJeff Hanneman-Slayer (1991 Black Magic Video)
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

DarkAuron wrote:Well if I do get the game, the first thing I'm gonna be is a Necromancer, hands down. :twisted:
nekis foreva! Guild Wars... i might just get it.
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...