Off to school!

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

mnc2fan
Extreme Poster

Post by mnc2fan »

stickman where do you go to school?
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

I started on August 8th and I'm a senior at Plano East Senior High, one of the biggest high schools in the world (senior class of 1200, junior class of 1600, freshmen and sophomores go to a seperate school). Next yaer though, University of North Texas.
Stickmanofdoom

Post by Stickmanofdoom »

I go to West Ottawa High School in Holland... Michigan. :)
Spooner

Post by Spooner »

I am a Sophomore in High School at a small school called Orange Grove High School. It is super small my class is only 120 people. So yeah its lame.
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

5th year at VWO Natuur & Techniek (lit. Nature and Technics, it's Physics, Chemistry and Calculus)
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

3rd year Biology and 1st year Medicine at Rijksuniversteit Groningen (RUG). Yes I am a busy boy.

I have also started rowing for Gyas.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
tokijnct

Post by tokijnct »

Deland High School
IB Junior
Projects:
Phantasy Star Dark Millenia - Put aside for the moment...

UnitedTI BASIC Competition
threefingeredguy
Calc King

I did IB as a junior, but quit because I didn't want to do Spanish 4.
blueskies
Calc Wizard

Post by blueskies »

senior at ucsb, studying marine bio. :)
tokijnct

Post by tokijnct »

I did IB as a junior, but quit because I didn't want to do Spanish 4.
lol :lol: Can't wait to test out of Spanish :D
Projects:
Phantasy Star Dark Millenia - Put aside for the moment...

UnitedTI BASIC Competition
threefingeredguy
Calc King

You can't you have to take the same foreign language in 9, 10, 11, and 12th grade. Even if that means taking Spanish 5 or 6.
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Post by the_unknown_one »

I had my first school day today, was great, tomorrow i have 4 hours of Computer Science: Software class (which includes programming)! :lol:
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Post by the_unknown_one »

I'm a junior now (according to USA system). Next year senior, and after that probably off to high school! :D Got my hour schedule today, if anyone's interested, it's here:

Code: Select all

Monday   |  Tuesday  |  Wednesday  |  Thursday  |  Friday
                -----------|-------------|----------------|--------------|---------
1st hour    Dutch      |   Dutch     |     Maths       |    Gym      |  Software
2nd hour   Hardware |  History    |     Maths       |    Gym      |  Software
3rd hour   Hardware | Hardware  |   Software    |     Maths    |  Dutch
4th hour    Religion   | Hardware  |   Software    |    French   |  Economics
5th hour    Physics    |   English    |       /           | Economics |  Software
6th hour    Physics    |Geography |        /          |    Maths     |  Software
7th hour    Religion   |   French    |         /          |    English   |  French
In total:

- 6 hours Software
- 4 hours Hardware
- 4 hours Maths
- 3 hours Dutch
- 3 hours French
- 2 hours Economics
- 2 hours English
- 2 hours Gym
- 2 hours Physics
- 2 hours Religion
- 1 hour Geography
- 1 hour History

= 32 hours of class

/ = no class, in Belgium we don't have school Wednesday afternoon (i don't know if it's the same over there).

As far as I know of what we'll learn in Software and Hardware this year, I know practically everything. Maths shouldn't be a problem either, especially in the beginning of the year. Dutch is easy, French is a pain in the ass, Economics is easy, English is easy, I won't have Gym (because I get special guidance because of my "problem"), luckily, because else it'd be a pain in the ass too. Physics shouldn't be too hard, Religion is super-easy, but super-stupid too. Geography should be do-able, and History is easy :D This year's in the bag (with a bit of studying) :)
Last edited by the_unknown_one on Sat 03 Sep, 2005 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Leumas
Extreme Poster

Post by Leumas »

Recent Graduate of High School, could end up waiting a year because of Huricane K.
There is no place like 127.0.0.1
Kerey

Post by Kerey »

I'm studying Computer Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. It was a fairly random choice, but Case is too close to home, Carnegie Mellon is too expensive (and in Pittsburgh), UTexas Austin and Berkeley are too far away. The classes have varied from "I'm paying out of state tution for this?" to excellent, and there are a lot of people here who are smarter than me, which I like. Also, I've worked on some cool projects, such as a firefighting simulator (I worked on the physics of fire propagation portion, something NIST said couldn't be done in realtime) and also two robotics projects. The CS program attracts good recruiters as well, from companies like Google, Mircrosoft, etc.

Some people consider UIUC to be a party school, but it seems pretty tame to me. There weren't any riots or anything after the loss to UNC, just a bunch of depressed drunk people.