'Missing' bug

Moderator: Kozak

TI84SE

'Missing' bug

Post by TI84SE »

The Verdantes Forest: The Final Tale: I love this game! It's awesome! The gameplay is good, graphics are sweet, storyline is pretty good too. I downloaded it last night and started playing (I had the beta for the first chapter on my calc for a while). I was having fun, but suddenly, something went wrong. I was battling, and I missed for like 50 turns in a row! Until I finally died. It happened like 6-7 times. Is this some sort of glitch? I downloaded it, I tried to play the game itself unarchived then archived, but it was still doing it. Are you only supposed to send one chapter (unarchived) at a time? I sent all the chapters and the game itself at the same time. Also should the game be archived or unarchived? I hope the creator of this game could help me out. Some minor problems are the sprite size (sometimes I can't fit through the trees or cross a bridge, however it seems much improved from the beta). And the one I mentioned above about the battling.

I copied this from a post I made earlier in General Discussion (sorry, I did not see this section). So I keep missing...it gets very annoying. It occurs mainly with those black bubble monsters, but it has happened with the skull enemies as well. Also, a nice update on gameplay would be nice. I play for about 30 minutes, and there are monsters that hit 45s. I thought this was a bit unfair, since I only had 117 health. I do not mind though, I just care generally about the bug that makes you miss so many times...it can't be normal, it happened to me about 7 times! Three of those times I missed so much, I died (by repeatedly getting hit by 2s and 4s). The other four times I just about died, I was under 20 health, but I finally hit and killed them.

Also, whenever I battle, the screen temporarily freezes for a second then random numbers appear at the top. Is this normal?

Overall, other than these factors, this game rocks! I hope a future update will come, with grayscale graphics and better gameply!

~TI84SE
gimpynerd
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gimpynerd »

the numbers are the level(s) of the monster(s) you are fighting i think...
Reginald Tucker (Gimpynerd) www.gimpynerd.com
Amateur Programmer / Game Designer

Want to learn Z80 assembly? E-mail me at gimpynerd@gmail.com to set up a time for lessons!
TI84SE

Post by TI84SE »

I don't really mind the numbers, or even the sprite size...as long as I don't miss! :x It makes me so mad!

If I knew how to record on my calculator, I would post it here...I deleted it and resent it to my calculator three times last night, and I tried once again and it was working fine for 30 seconds then I started missing again :(

~TI84SE
TI84SE

Post by TI84SE »

Man...I think I'm just gonna have to stick with the demo version of Arkaine's Arrival...it's making me so mad! :x (sorry, I get mad when anything screws up lol) After re-sending it today...it worked fine the first couple battles, but then I missed for nearly 160 turns (I kept myself alive...I don't even know why). This is irritating, I don't wanna sound like I'm complaining too much, the game rocks and I really like it but there are a bunch of problems like this. I'm sure some other people have experienced it too...Please help!

~TI84SE
gimpynerd
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gimpynerd »

use magic on the black bubbles once you level up a few times it doesn't matter anyway! i miss all the time too in the beginning it's part of the game!

Want to learn Z80 assembly? E-mail me at gimpynerd@gmail.com to set up a time for lessons!
TI84SE

Post by TI84SE »

gimpynerd wrote:use magic on the black bubbles once you level up a few times it doesn't matter anyway! i miss all the time too in the beginning it's part of the game!
Dude it's not normal...missing 200+ times in a row?

~TI84SE
gimpynerd
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gimpynerd »

yes for that type of enemy at that level...

tokijnct

Post by tokijnct »

Yes, its normal for now. Upgrade Spirit to improve hit chances, or use magic = 100% hit rate.
Projects:
Phantasy Star Dark Millenia - Put aside for the moment...

UnitedTI BASIC Competition
gimpynerd
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gimpynerd »

which i would view as just as big a problem...

Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

The missing problem is a known bug which is the largest bug and probably the hardest to finish. There's no fix for now, I would advise you to check again in 2 weeks. If I haven't uploaded a new version by then, PM me.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
TI84SE

Post by TI84SE »

Kozak wrote:The missing problem is a known bug which is the largest bug and probably the hardest to finish. There's no fix for now, I would advise you to check again in 2 weeks. If I haven't uploaded a new version by then, PM me.
Alright.

When did this game come out? It's been a while r ight?

~TI84SE