Linking Troubles ...

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Linking Troubles ...

Post by tr1p1ea »

Hey, i didnt really want to put this in 'Programming Help' as it isnt programming related. I am having trouble linking to my calcs.

I have an original Gray GraphLink from TI that used to work fine about 2 weeks ago, then one day everything stopped. So i figured it was the cable so i attempted to repair it to no avail. Then i constructed the serial and parallel links and they didnt work either. In EVERY case the cursor on the homescreen of the calc would go SOLID whenever i tried to send or recieve and then the PC end would time out and come up with a connection error.

I have tried different computers but this happens with both of my 83's (not 83+'s).

I was wondering if anyone had ever come across this in their travels, and if anyone has any advice?
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

Did you do anyhting strange to it before you tried to hook it up, maybe a new program or app that may have something to do with it.
I've had problems where the homescreen would freeze before, but never for any elongated periods of time like that.
Shaun
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

I ran against several error's when using the black cable of TI... one time it works, the next time not... very strange