When did you started programming for calcs?

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

When did you started programming for calcs?

less than 1/2 year ago
8%
1 year ago
16%
2 years ago
14%
3 years ago
22%
4 years ago
5%
5 years ago
8%
more than 5 years ago
24%
6 months before birth
3%

Total votes: 37

merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

Wow, you do your research... I've had two 82's, an 83+, an 83+SE, and now I have an 84+SE, so yeah, five... I should update that profile, since Merthsoft Creations is pretty much just me now, and there are spelling errors... My favorite program I have there is the sliding puzzle game, and people downloaded my "Silly Group" quite a bit...
Shaun
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Well I put 3 years, but know that I think of it, I was doing BASIC for about two years before that, so five all together. Dont worry Tr1p, your one game was better than my crappy two put together. If you wanna see my first works check out:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/au ... /7273.html
Well dont expect much from the Cobra demo...it was in its infancy and sadly in b&w...the changes I have made are surely more pleasing! :wink:
The Revolution is here...
merthsoft
Extreme Poster

Post by merthsoft »

Hey, I remember when that demo came out... I though it was gonna be awsome, whatever happened to that?
Shaun
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

I started when I was 6 with a TI-99... not really a calculator, but it opened the doors for programming... with TI created hardware ^^, so, 10 years ago. Calcs, 5 years ago...
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Wow 10 years is sweet! I didnt even really know what programming was 10 years ago.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

well, it was basic, I had a book, and I was a lonely city child in the country in a trailer court :'S
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

lol

Post by the_unknown_one »

Yea, i didnt know what programming was either 10 years ago, i had just gotten my first games! I started like programming for comp 5-6 years ago... *sigh* How time has passed...
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I think CoBB started programming like 10 years ago too or more
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
Svinter

Post by Svinter »

In 4th grade I was really into making video games and reserved a book on it (was about 12 pages lol) from the library for the whole year. It had a program in it in the original BASIC that made an up and down musical scale, which got me messing around on our really really old DOS computer with BASIC. But I was like 9 so what could I do? Heck, I forget what I did, I think I made a program that counted to a value from input. Wooters!
LCR ~ 80% Finished
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

lol

Post by the_unknown_one »

Svinters: I did such things too at first in Q-Basic, but cause i had a Windows-based comp some stuff didnt work too well :D It was good for learning & starting programming though...
BetaSword
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by BetaSword »

Sixth grade is when I started. And on one of those uber crappy Casio graphing calculators. Made a few extremely basic games, and some programs that drew pictures on the screen, one pixel at a time, since there was no line function, nor could you save pictures. Bah. And then I got a TI-83. And made some more interesting games, like RPG Maker. Indeed, you could make your own 5x5 screen dungeon type thingy, name some generic enemies, go through it and win. Blah. And then I started on EoF. Which turned into SO v.1. Which turned into v.2. Then v.3. And now it's up to probably about v.8. Wow.
Madskillz
Calc Wizard

Post by Madskillz »

Hey, I remember when that demo came out... I though it was gonna be awsome, whatever happened to that?
-Wow...I like to hear stuff like that. Actually I have redone the menu and the credit scrolling. Everything is Grayscale now, and for more info, check out RevSoft.tk! :D Thank you Merthsoft, it is good to hear that people are still interested. I got alot of e:mails from people in the community after I released that b&w demo.
The Revolution is here...