progress...

Moderator: tr1p1ea

zapickell

hey!!

Post by zapickell »

I know it takes alot of word to complete a project like this but it seems like its taking forever! Isint there a demo or something he can release? Because im a huge fan of metoid. I've made one already but i can assure you its not as good as joes!!! :lol:
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I would estimate the 45% of this thread consists of people asking Joe for a demo and another 45% of this thread consists of people repeatedly stating that there will be no demo and the game will be released when Joe finishes it!

Please stop asking for progress, demos, screenies and just sit tight. Joe will post info when he is ready.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

And that last 10% is....
Stating what this thread consist of?

j/k :P
necro
Calc King

Post by necro »

tr1p1ea wrote:I would estimate the 45% of this thread consists of people asking Joe for a demo and another 45% of this thread consists of people repeatedly stating that there will be no demo and the game will be released when Joe finishes it!

Please stop asking for progress, demos, screenies and just sit tight. Joe will post info when he is ready.
no...he never will...I know the future...and metroid clac from joe is not in it...he will never finish
zapickell

sure

Post by zapickell »

Sure he will he's just not ready yet.. You're right though it has taken a while but I cant wait to get my hands on the game when it's done its going to be sooooo coool!!! :D :D :D :D
T0RM3N7
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by T0RM3N7 »

okay I've got an idea for metroid:
you know how there's going to be different bounty hunters in Metoid Prime:Hunters?
joe could do sumthin like that to spice things up
2 different playable characters who have to team up together to overcome impossible odds
girls=time*money
time=money
girls=money*money
money is the root of all evil
girls=(evil^1/2)*(evil^1/2)
girls=(evil^1/2)^2
girls=evil

Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

T0RM3N7 wrote:okay I've got an idea for metroid:
you know how there's going to be different bounty hunters in Metoid Prime:Hunters?
joe could do sumthin like that to spice things up
2 different playable characters who have to team up together to overcome impossible odds
I second that! A classical idea. but Metal Gear Acid did okay rite?
Image Image Image
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Although it is an interesting idea, i doubt it will happen. This will be like a classic Metroid game.

Why have some people lost faith in this game? If it was dead it would not be here.
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

Metroid's awesome, i got addicted to Zero Mission and Fusion for GBA. Didn't like Prime all that much because i'm too used to Halo FPS controls. Auto aim bugs me.
Image Image Image
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Samus' suit is far more advanced than MC's :).
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

You can't turn off auto-aim?! Auto-aim is something n00bs who don't know how to fps use! 'Tis the lamest of the lame! :x It doesn't even work that great. I hate when you are shooting at a group of guys and it auto-aims to the guy with the knife instead of the guy with the grenade launcher. :P
bananas... o.o
Spencer
Extreme Poster

Post by Spencer »

Metroid Prime is not an fps, it's a first person adventure / platformer. The auto aim is to keep it from being an fps.
Last edited by Spencer on Sat 12 Nov, 2005 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

Spengo wrote:You can't turn off auto-aim?! Auto-aim is something n00bs who don't know how to fps use! 'Tis the lamest of the lame! :x It doesn't even work that great. I hate when you are shooting at a group of guys and it auto-aims to the guy with the knife instead of the guy with the grenade launcher. :P
huh?? are you talking about Halo or Metroid Prime??

Cuz I was talking about how Metroid Prime (from the multiple demos's i've played) seems to be entirely auto aim, with occasional times where you adjust your aim to hit (nonmoving) stuff above you.

and just because i'm not a master ASM or Basic programmer like the rest you, doesn't mean i'm so much of a NOOB that i can't even turn off auto-aim in Halo!
Image Image Image
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

I'm not saying you're a noob, I'm saying auto-aim is stupid and metroid prime is teh suxorz. :P If metroid prime has auto aim to keep it from becoming too much fps, then it's more like an fps that's trying it's best to become a platform game and failing miserably. You can't have a platform game from first person view with guns! It doesn't work! It's like the opposite of the GTA series. An adventure game trying to be a shooter. :P Third person shooters work about as well as first person platformers in my opinion. But...this doesn't have anything to do with metroid 83+ so, some mod either delete this or move it somewhere else? :)
bananas... o.o
zapickell

Uhhh... Metroid completion

Post by zapickell »

Hey Guess what I say a place that had metroid downloads for ti 83+ around google somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!