kalan_vod
Calc King

progress...

Post by kalan_vod »

what is it? :P
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Im sure Joe will inform us of any progress when he deems it fit to do so.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

As far as I know, Joe's too busy to even say hi. I wonder what's going on? Job I guess (15 hour days o_o)
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

As far as I know, last news was back in july (check MC website)
ImageImageImageImage
enIgma

Post by enIgma »

DarkAuron wrote:As far as I know, Joe's too busy to even say hi. I wonder what's going on? Job I guess (15 hour days o_o)
15 hours... ouch... that HAS to suck... I used to work at Kroger for 8 hours a day and get payed $5.15 but 15 hours a day? ouch... I fell bad for the poor guy. >_<
randroid

Post by randroid »

Joe will tell us about new stuff and update us when he feels its necissary... *sits, looks at watch* any minute now.
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

enIgma wrote:15 hours... ouch... that HAS to suck... I used to work at Kroger for 8 hours a day and get payed $5.15 but 15 hours a day? ouch... I fell bad for the poor guy. >_<
Yeah, but he gets well paid, plus he gets free computers (he just got a new laptop from them)
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
Calv!n.n0.1

Post by Calv!n.n0.1 »

Holy crap... 15 hrs?!? :shock: Freakin nutz man!
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

15 hours.... that would be like what technically you could get 9 hours of sleep but it would be like 6-7.... i'd go insane.
I'm sure it'll get done though. But still 15 hours, he'd only have time for life really. So unless he hands it down to someone...
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
sic
Site Admin

Post by sic »

Just to clarify, the 15 hour work days were only for a couple weeks a while ago. I'm back to working mostly full time now (35ish hours a week). School is out, too. I work on metroid every now and then - I know, I really should just do some serious work and get it finished :)
Calv!n.n0.1

Post by Calv!n.n0.1 »

"I work on metroid every now and then - I know, I really should just do some serious work and get it finished"

That _would_ be nice! :D
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

sic wrote:Just to clarify, the 15 hour work days were only for a couple weeks a while ago. I'm back to working mostly full time now (35ish hours a week). School is out, too. I work on metroid every now and then - I know, I really should just do some serious work and get it finished :)
Yay reponse from Joe! No more oppressed labor! :roll: :wink:
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
sic
Site Admin

Post by sic »

Since you all seem to be looking for some news on this project, here's a bit :)

I just set up source control on my server using subversion, a free CVS replacement that I've found to be quite awesome. In doing so, I've updated my working directory structure a bit. I also dusted off the metroid code (which I honestly haven't looked at in a while) and fixed a few minor bugs. No more features yet, but the next thing on my todo list is to work on the HUD. I need to figure out how I am going to display samus' health, ammo, etc. Any ideas?
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

I need to figure out how I am going to display samus' health, ammo, etc. Any ideas?[/quote] a little box in the corne should do the trick I guess.. use % for the health I would say
GuillaumeH

Post by GuillaumeH »

Wow, using Subversion for a TI asm project :shock:
About the Hud, it would be nice if it is togglable.