Port send and receive

Got questions? Got answers? Go here for both.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

puromtec

Port send and receive

Post by puromtec »

So, I'm at the point in my project where I need to read and write from the port. SendAByte and Rec1stByte seem to be the system calls I want. The sdk83guide is pretty scarce on details as usual, but I am wondering if there is anything Latenite can do for debugging the port business. What are my options other than actually pushing the asm app to a real calculator?

Thanks.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Re: Port send and receive

Post by kalan_vod »

Wabbit Emulator had what you are looking for in regards to the debugging, it is available at RevSoft.org. As far as the Ports, I would suggest posting this similar question on Omnimaga.org as there are quite a few with this knowledge. Good luck!
puromtec

Post by puromtec »

Thanks for the link and suggestion. Glad to see a quick response on this site. I just realized that the device I am connecting to uses Send and Get (which makes it a CBL??) as Basic commands, so I think I can assume I can call from asm just the same. I am a complete n00b about this stuff, so bare with me. Btw, this is the device I am connecting to: http://www.smallrobot.com/scimath.html
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

In that case you may find the documentation for the AppGetCalc, AppGetCbl and SendVarCmd routines useful (in "TI-83 Plus System Routines", 83psysroutines.pdf).