[TI-??]

Got questions? Got answers? Go here for both.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

King Harold
Calc King

[TI-??]

Post by King Harold »

I tried to reset my RAM and then my calc froze, turned off, and when i turned it back on it turned itself off again.
So i took out the batteries and turned it on... it turns itself off..
I took the batteries out again, hold ON 15 secs (i know its 10 but just to be sure..). put them back in, turned it on and.. GAH!! all scambled up screen for about a second and then it turns itself off!!
I can still tell it to accept an OS but the computer wont send it because it isnt "turned on"..

what should i do?
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

I take it you tried removing the backup battery as well, when you removed the batteries? If not, do so, leave it for a while (press/hold On, maybe?) then try again.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

I have, with no results. And i didnt find any computer program that would send an OS without requiring the device to be "found" or "on"
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

King Harold wrote:I have, with no results. And i didnt find any computer program that would send an OS without requiring the device to be "found" or "on"
What software are you using to resend the OS? I've never had those problems with TI GraphLink or TiLP. I assume you're forcing the install by holding that On+[Del/Clear] combination?
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

well i tried TiLP but i get the strangest errors possible about not enough mem.. yes i hold ON+DEL
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

allright now it got really stupid, it WORKS!!
really.. like.. wtf.. i didnt even do anything to it, it was just laying there and it works again..

edit.. it stopped working..
edit2: after shouting at it and the computer Ti Connect let me send an OS

edit3: new OS but it still turns off a second after it starts
edit4: and now it seems to work again.. what IS going on..
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

sure its not the batteries?

well i've heard stories like this before, its because its broken physically some way.

EDIT:
What does this have to do with programming?
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Well my calc was showing up garbage constantly before, and it ended up being not enough power was getting to the board or w/e. I opened it up and the connection to the board was barely touching, so I bent it a little and it worked fine.
gangsta
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gangsta »

he did'nt kno where else to put it. it doesn't matter too much...btw, it could be a problem with the idiot who programmed the TI OS w/ so many limitations...
Dwedit
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Dwedit »

Always make sure you really are hitting ON, and not enter. When you flip over the calc, those buttons transpose positions relative to where they are on the front.
You know your hexadecimal output routine is broken when it displays the character 'G'.
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

@Jim E: i had no idea what was wrong with it, could aswell have been a serious programming mistake from me / TI..
@kalan vod: i tried to but it turns out i need a very tiny little 6-side thing to take the screws out..
@gansta: then why does it allways work except every now and then?

oh and yes the batteries were low but it didnt have enough power to tell me so.. (i guess calculating 2^1024 has something to do with it..)
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

Well, I hope you opted for rechargeable ones. I've got nice NiMH ones that last for a long time, and recharge quickly. It's saved me a bunch of money, and it allows me to leave it on calculating things without worrying about how much money I'm wasting.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

King Harold wrote:@kalan vod: i tried to but it turns out i need a very tiny little 6-side thing to take the screws out..
You need a Torx 6 driver, you could find it at many places. I found a set of small drivers at Home Depot, which contained 10 bits with Torx and flat/phillip etc.
gangsta
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gangsta »

@KH: naw, it just sux for BASIC programming and everything but Stat...
King Harold
Calc King

Post by King Harold »

back from holliday..
im sure it was the batteries, but i use non-rechargeble ones, because my parents happen to buy them.. Up to them i'd say, and usually they last for half a year.

but i lost the 2^X program.. not that it matters, it was really simple. (use a string instead of number, multiply ever number by 2 starting at the LSN, dont forget the add the carry, and just repeat it for x-33 times (you can start at 2^33 b/c that's the highest power of 2 that doesnt have numbers cut off by the exponent))