Progress thread for the current version (2010)

A DOOM-style 3D engine for TI-83 and TI-83+ series calculators.

Moderator: benryves

Galandros

Re: Progress thread for the current version (2010)

Post by Galandros »

Great, it now has one playable element other than exploring. :)
Did I see 33 FPS at some time? It seems the FPS have increased overall. That screenshot is surely on 15 MHz.
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Heh, thank you. :) I was hoping to draw a character sprite that could wander around the level on its own. I do also need to add a height coordinate for objects - they currently snap straight down to the floor.

The frame rate is the same as the previous demo, and yes at 15MHz. Performance still slows down in certain areas where the renderer has to walk through many BSP tree nodes.
Galandros

Post by Galandros »

Oh, seems like I have paid more attention to 6 MHz screen shots and got surprised.

The maps are just amusing to see on a calculator, that slowdown does not bother me. ^^ I have also played and enjoyed COD MW with graphical glitches and slow downs on certain parts of maps so it is completely acceptable to watch such 3D in a calculator for me and I bet many others.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Necro Post: Ben, I saw a SS of this on Omnimaga..And I must say, this is amazing! I have always loved your projects, they are well planned and thought out. I hope you are still progressing on this, although I guess I should check your site :D
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Thank you very much!

Unfortunately, I have not really had any time to work on my own projects since November, so no progress, sorry. :( Work is rough at the moment.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

It is good that you are able to stay busy with work, it just means you have a job :) . I hope you do find time in the future, I know I am not the only one impressed by this..A actual 3d game on a z80, that is big my friend!